Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Swapped welded rear in. Rebuilt both rear axles put one in. Rebuilt front right cv. Car got in a bit of a wreck so figuring out how I'm going to put Toyota corrolla head lights on car. Built a winch bumper, finishing welding it on the brackets then rear bumper. Pictures when it looks a little better.

Wanna SEE!!! And how did you rebuild the rear axles?

at the time of purchase I didnt mind or care really... but after a while I realized my blood-pressure was rising each time I got in the Soob... much more relaxing color :)

+1 to that! I too like the color, that red was just to much of an eye sore (Even thru the net Lol)

Eat rice, don't drive it. :P

-Tom

When I bought the car it had 200+k on it so when I gave it a custom 2.5 inch lift the dry rotten cv boots couldn't take it so they split. I went to a place that sold me whole boots not split boots. So you have to total disasemble the cv to put the boots on the right way.

Last year: Weber, 1 7/8" mid pipe, cat, end section, 2 1/4" Raptor Turbo II muffler.

Christmas time I added a CD player with USB port, aux, and HD Radio. Then, I got two 4x6 and two 4" powerbass speakers. New 16ga wire, routed under the trim, dash modified for driver side speaker, still need to get a grill setup on that speaker and make it look cleaner. The inside the dash passenger speaker took less modification. Also fixed the disconnected fan ducting.

Last week:

Got pulled over by a cop for no license plate lights. $3 and some change later at napa, got some new lights.

This week:

I fixed my exhaust, added a 2" ID chrome tailpipe for dressup and to extend outside, replaced my throttle cable (with a $11.xx Carquest part) and it ended up taking me some time.

The black grommet thing on the cable at the firewall needed some trimming, and enlarged the opening a bit on the firewall, inserted that end, routed the cord, hooked it up to the throttle lever and noticed the cable protudes from the cylinder part in the middle at the end, needed to be trimmed off in order to fit in the round openings of the bracket on the carb. Installed. Old spring and mount had to be repositioned. Old spring replaced with a guitar tremelo spring (from my spare parts bin, out of an ibanez strat copy) and for the kicker.

When I got under the dash to connect the pedal end of the cable, it ALSO had the cable protruding from the cylinder. If I hadn't of forgotten my dremel at home, it wouldn't have taken me as long.

In all though - if the part were genuine subaru, I think it would have been less than ten minutes to replace. But now I know how to install an aftermarket cable. Hondasucks warned me, and now I know. And knowing is... half the battle? lol

LOL! WIMP!! How dare you sir...!

I'll get my chance to come out to IA someday (You guys going anywhere?) Don't think so :)

Only problem I have is my licence, I can't drive after midnight. So it would be kinda hard on coming back to WI, I would have to leave kinda early sunday to get back to WI before midnight (I ain't staying at no motel on the way To or From) and the car should't breakdown, I have enough new crap on that engine! Lol.