Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Fixed the fog light indicator on my RS. The button lit up but the indicator was burned out. Also installed my rear WRX seats. When I pulled the RS seats out there was several church pamphlets from the First Baptist Church in Nashville Georgia. Went ahead and vacuumed her out while all the seats were out.

0220001147.jpg

This is what I did over the weekend, we did a meet, 3 old gens (Scott, Miles, Me) and 3 new gen Imprezas (Steve, Dan, two other guys)

Thanks go's out to all that made it to the meet and made it fun. It was great meeting you Impreza guys!

Right, so here are some pics I shot.

Wayward to Fox's place, Miller Stadium.

2010_0220Test0001.jpg

(12pm) At Fox's garage, Toyota 20RE Camper (Trashwagon style)

2010_0220Test0003.jpg

Fox's '86 3-door carbie semi-4WD (For now) Scott (Left) Steve (Right)

2010_0220Test0006.jpg

Steve, Scott, looking at Steve's 2.5RS wagon.

2010_0220Test0004.jpg

2010_0220Test0005.jpg

Behind Scott's Wagon

2010_0220Test0007.jpg

At the Alterra meet (1pm)

2010_0220Test0008.jpg

The Gang

2010_0220Test0009.jpg

Two Black 2.5RS, one a turbo (This one)

2010_0220Test0010.jpg

The other.

2010_0220Test0011.jpg

Overveiw:

2010_0220Test0012.jpg

Fox's '86 3-door (Almost 4WD) carbed EA82.

2010_0220Test0013.jpg

2010_0220Test0014.jpg

2010_0220Test0018.jpg

Scott's '92 Loyale 5-spd D/R SPFI.

2010_0220Test0015.jpg

2010_0220Test0017.jpg

Steve's 2.5RS. and please, if I have your name wrong, correct me. I'm not good with names Lol.

2010_0220Test0016.jpg

Left the Alterra, and hit up the cruise. On 794. away from Downtown.

2010_0220Test0019.jpg

2010_0220Test0020.jpg

Fox and his Girl (Forgot name sorry)

2010_0220Test0021.jpg

2010_0220Test0022.jpg

Can't fit all images in one post:

-Tom

Scott, Lol yes it does :P

I do have one question, why is the Camber f'ed up for your rear wheels? I've noticed that saturday, your driver side wheel is looks a little like this "\" is something bent on your rig? unless its just cause of the crap coilovers?

Oh and, I'm thinking of going over to Miles place again next Saturday (Check out his new '95 Legacy) are you gonna go over there, or you have other plans? Cause if you ain't, bring your timing light with you (Wanna check/adjust my timing) Only if you are coming over is all. :grin:

Nice weather...layed off...started playing with the ej stuff for my 90 wagon that had an ea82t and a 4eat.

[ATTACH]7396[/ATTACH]

cleaned and painted up the ej 5 spd and 4.11 rear diff

[ATTACH]7397[/ATTACH]

Ill go thru the ej22 after work starts back up, until then Im starting the harness modification ( my first ) with a lot of thanks in advance to Numbchux's ea to ej.

Cheers, Mark

Edited by T'subaru

New lift gate supports on the 86 GL wagon. Now that's using my head...well, I mean I don't have to use my head anymore...these things are great!:banana:

Where did you buy your new gate struts? I need to buy some new ones aswell, my gate falls sometimes when its cold out lol (Unexpected "Wham!")

-Tom :)

Scott, Lol yes it does :P

I do have one question, why is the Camber f'ed up for your rear wheels? I've noticed that saturday, your driver side wheel is looks a little like this "\" is something bent on your rig? unless its just cause of the crap coilovers?

Oh and, I'm thinking of going over to Miles place again next Saturday (Check out his new '95 Legacy) are you gonna go over there, or you have other plans? Cause if you ain't, bring your timing light with you (Wanna check/adjust my timing) Only if you are coming over is all. :grin:

next saturday as in Feb 27th? i gotta work from 7am till about 5 or so. so if i was able to go, it wouldnt be till after 5. im guessin i'll probably have to miss it. i could bring it to work if you wanted to swing by and pick it up on the way

i will have to check out the wheels, i havent ever noticed that before. HMMMMMMM? did you notice that when it was rollin? or stationary?

Where did you buy your new gate struts? I need to buy some new ones aswell, my gate falls sometimes when its cold out lol (Unexpected "Wham!")

-Tom :)

my dads supra ('87) had lifters on the hood, one fine winter day it caught me by suprise, wham for sure!

next saturday as in Feb 27th? i gotta work from 7am till about 5 or so. so if i was able to go, it wouldnt be till after 5. im guessin i'll probably have to miss it. i could bring it to work if you wanted to swing by and pick it up on the way

i will have to check out the wheels, i havent ever noticed that before. HMMMMMMM? did you notice that when it was rollin? or stationary?

Yes on the 27th, Its no biggie about the timing light (Ain't in no rush)

I will prolly be at Miles for who knows how long lol.

As for your wheels, all the time. It looks really high in the @ss and the camber looks wrong. Just odd, I dunno lol.

LOL! Yea that must have hurt. I don't trust those things on any hood. I like the old Spring ones like on a GM. Our FJ has the struts for the hood (Wait till those get soft) :rolleyes:

Give me a hood rod anyday :grin:

I bought a custom one-piece drive shaft for my BRAT :banana:

Now I'm putting it back together with the "new" 85' 5sp d/r and finally get to

drive it with all the gears! :headbang:

Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow before work.

Just taking a break before finishing putting the axles back in and putting the

drive shaft in.

WOO HOO!!!!

Twitch

well last weekend. got new belts and tensioners on the wagon. spent the day waiting for a friend to bring timing light and air compressor. he forgot both.

then we proceded to time the wagon using zero degree, and not said "three marks" you know i dont remember seeing those as many times i turn the crank pulley watching the flywheel.:confused:

i think i might have been blind to that. after readin the haynes manual one to many times. i am blaming haynes yeah it is their fault.:grin:. only to find fusible link the black one burnt and then twisted back together. "previuos owners".

this weekend. put starter in. circuit breakers instead of fusible links. then pull disty. set it to #1 cylinder. then set flywheel to center of three marks"which i have not found" put belt one on. turn 360 degrees belt two. turn again. check. turn again check. then turn to 0 degrees and install disty. dear god i hope i got that right:lol:. feel free to stop me at anytime. tell me if that is wrong. i know it is.....lmao.

Door A-jar sensor is messed up I think. Cause mine now stays on for the driver door. I looked at the swtich (Can't take it out?) I found the wire running from it, moved it around and still the light is on all the time now. Hmm?

Why did this switch just go? Anyone else ever had this issue?

-Tom

i did. for the first six months i owned my sedan. then it started working again.

my guess in my case was a loose wire. cause when i rewired the front speaker for the new cd player it started working. i may have by accident fixed it when i pulled new speaker wire. non common ground through the door harness.

either i covered a bare wire or somehow got the loose wire tight to connection now. been 3 or more years and still works. hope this helps.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

-Tom