Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I broke it :(:mad:

Driver's side rear wheel bearing let go completely and I had to limp it to work

riding on the drum brake :eek:

No better time to upgrade to rear discs, I guess :-\

Now I get to fix Xandra ASAP so that I can drive for work.

And I get to wait until I can afford a set of rear hubs from P&S.

If they even have a turbo car in there.

Twitch

managed to break a vaccum part (that holds the line) broke a timing belt and now I have not enough oil pressure too.. (no it is not just the gage drove it after plugging the vaccum line and well it ticks..) . GRR it is one of those days for the 86 4X4 gl

yesterday and today was spend on fixing and finding the issue got new belts on just need to get parts and get the rest fixed...

I replaced all my timing components on Xandra, and I timed her in one try :banana:

Extremely proud of myself for having only timed her once before.

Also discovered a bunch of rust inside the hoses :-\

So tomorrow I'm gonna flush the block and the rad to make sure there's nothing

that could block flow and hopefully clean up any deposits.

Twitch(ing)

Will do, most likely just blow water through with the hose, forward and back.

Maybe run some vinegar or some acidic formula through it as well, to eliminate

any surface rust.

Then some baking soda to see a fountain come out of my engine :lol:

Twitch

PS: Might actually do the baking soda with vinegar as it may blast out anything

the water misses.

in the proceess of the 6 lug swap. got two wheels done. 15 x 7s. i just need to decide on tires. the wheels alone stick out an inch and 3/4 :grin: gonna look sick. shootn for 26 - 27.5. tallest i measured you can go without rubbing on the the inside of the fender where its pretty rigid. on the front that is. idk about the back it looks like itll be about the same of course ill be triming the fenders haha. Tire recommendations are very welcome thanxs : >

Well, I flushed my engine and rad, and basically all I did was spray vinegar water

into both the block and the rad, then let it sit while I went and got the hose.

Flushed it out with the hose, spraying in from the top of the block, and also

from the rad cap and the upper rad outlet.

Cleaned her out gooooood.

Got some more rust colored water out and for a while my car smelled like apple

cider vinegar.

At least until I put the anti freeze in that is...

Twitch

Had to swap the engine out of my '88 GL10 and put a better running engine in, last one had pressure issues 2 of the spark plug sockets put out 110 psi and the others barely had 40 psi. Had to change power steering pump, and a few other odds and ends (newish front tires included :D). Took the car through the car wash which did it a lot of good...:banana:

been sitting for more than 6 years...it is now running and back from the dead :)

Got the camber fixed on the wagon... Already wore out a brand new set of cooper discoverers. Strut blocks from monstaru, made by Bill. Very nice blocks. Drilled my front hubs to 6 lug, now have 4 and 6 lug hubs, pugs/chevy/yota rim options. Swampers coming soon. Front brush guard off stock ea71/81? its the one with a winch mount! Going to swap out the rear diff for e reg diff, not a welded one. Put up a pic this afternoon. Waiting for my brother to finish building my hi comp ea81!! :banana:

Got the camber fixed on the wagon... Already wore out a brand new set of cooper discoverers. Strut blocks from monstaru, made by Bill. Very nice blocks. Drilled my front hubs to 6 lug, now have 4 and 6 lug hubs, pugs/chevy/yota rim options. Swampers coming soon. Front brush guard off stock ea71/81? its the one with a winch mount! Going to swap out the rear diff for e reg diff, not a welded one. Put up a pic this afternoon. Waiting for my brother to finish building my hi comp ea81!! :banana:

Sop you're the one that got the BRAT bumper out of P&S...

And that's categorized as an EA71 part, as most first gen's had EA71's.

Twitch

PS: I looked at my car today, just to keep it on topic :-p