Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Bear with me on this, should be worth the read!! The other day my lifted car grenaded the tranny on the road so I called my brother to the rescue. He picked me up in his loyale and took me home. His car BARELY pulled my hill in 1st gear, I knew something was amiss. He also told me that he needed brakes soon and his muffler was about to fall off. We proceeded to b.s. about subie stuff and I showed him a bunch of my stash parts (rear discs, 5-lug stuff, sways and wheels and basically piles of goodies!). He showed interest and I had an idea :rolleyes: ........ My brother's birthday is on the 5th of june, and he's got a 92 loyale 4x4 wagon, sooooo. I called my mom and asked her to borrow his car, so she calls him and gives him some story about moving furniture in the rain or some sucha thing and he agrees. Cool. So then I trade my mom for my brothers loyale and shes driving my outback. I went to the parts store and picked up a ton of maintenance items and go home.

In roughly 5 hours (last night) I completed the following:

Converted to rear disc! (Already had the parts)

NEW f/r brake pads

NEW cap & rotor

NEW plugs & wires

NEW oil & filter

NEW fuel filter

NEW 2.5" cherry bomb muffler

Inspected air filter (still clean)

Checked & adjusted timing (off 12 degrees!! HUGE difference!!)

Rotated tires

Now my mom is on the way to drop his car off like nothing ever happened and I'm stoked about it! I don't think I've ever done anything like this for anyone (as a suprise) and it feels good. I'm thinkin he'll get in, start it up and be like :eek: "my muffler fell off!!" Then be like :headbang: "my car has more power!!" Then like :confused: "the brakes are working great too??" I'm sure he'll be grateful and I wish I could be there to see the look on his face :grin: !!!!

Edited by obk25xt

Bear with me on this, should be worth the read!! The other day my lifted car grenaded the tranny on the road so I called my brother to the rescue. He picked me up in his loyale and took me home. His car BARELY pulled my hill in 1st gear, I knew something was amiss. He also told me that he needed brakes soon and his muffler was about to fall off. We proceeded to b.s. about subie stuff and I showed him a bunch of my stash parts (rear discs, 5-lug stuff, sways and wheels and basically piles of goodies!). He showed interest and I had an idea :rolleyes: ........ My brother's birthday is on the 5th of june, and he's got a 92 loyale 4x4 wagon, sooooo. I called my mom and asked her to borrow his car, so she calls him and gives him some story about moving furniture in the rain or some sucha thing and he agrees. Cool. So then I trade my mom for my brothers loyale and shes driving my outback. I went to the parts store and picked up a ton of maintenance items and go home.

In roughly 5 hours (last night) I completed the following:

Converted to rear disc! (Already had the parts)

NEW f/r brake pads

NEW cap & rotor

NEW plugs & wires

NEW oil & filter

NEW fuel filter

NEW 2.5" cherry bomb muffler

Inspected air filter (still clean)

Checked & adjusted timing (off 12 degrees!! HUGE difference!!)

Rotated tires

Now my mom is on the way to drop his car off like nothing ever happened and I'm stoked about it! I don't think I've ever done anything like this for anyone (as a suprise) and it feels good. I'm thinkin he'll get in, start it up and be like :eek: "my muffler fell off!!" Then be like :headbang: "my car has more power!!" Then like :confused: "the brakes are working great too??" I'm sure he'll be grateful and I wish I could be there to see the look on his face :grin: !!!!

That is awesome man.

Good for you.

I hope he's appreciative and you get to hear about his reaction.

Twitch

That's awesome man!

I just sold a set of DOHC EJ25 heads on Craigslist locally and I sent 1/2 of the profit to a mate of mine. He GAVE me the heads a couple of years ago, doesn't know I sold them, and certainly wouldn't expect anything from me if he did know. Wish I could be there when he opens the envelope with the money order in it :lol::banana::grin:

Good feeling ain't it?

Oh, and I went from this:

th_BorlaRepstockCatCB.jpg

To this:

th_BorlaRepstockcatBBPCatback.jpg