Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Just changed the brakes on my wife's 05 FXT.

On my 87 gl wagon I'm rebuilding a ea81 to drop in, just got my cam back from Delta Cams got lifters too. Block is clean heads are done, waiting for pistons, and looking for bearings. I'm waiting for these last few items. Ooh and I'm looking for distributor gears, one for the crank and one for the distributor. Any ideas?

it is, it took forever to find a stock working radio! Now lets see how long this lasts in my neighborhood. The good thing about this junky Loyale is nobody will think to look in it for something to steal.... I hope :-\

Thats very true, if you glance inside while walking you won't really notice the radio, unless you really look. At least thats how it is in mine.

I also have 260w Pioneer 4-ways in the rear doors which you can't see that well, these cars are pretty dark inside even in daylght.

So, What did you Obtained from the Junk Yard? :confused:

haa, i got 2 legacy brake light switches and some inline fuses, i paid $5 for one of the switches, to keep us in good standing with the yard. ;) the guy that works there is cool if you know him, but can be a douche if you dont, and the OTHER GUY at the yard is a wongleflute.. like check inside your tool box kind of wongleflute

lately.. i made this rack you can see in the pics that Tom put up...

IMG00918.jpg

cost me about $60 to build, including making my own gutter mounts and buying 2 sets of grade 8 bolts for the mounts because im a douche and didnt measure. LOL:lol:

next time i'll get it on top the hill and take the pic, the sherrif was comin up so i had to bail and leave the dog park. LOL!

Edited by xbeerd

Those Aren't Alloys, they are Chromed Steel 13" Rims (Made in USA).

Yes, those on the ER27 Wagon (The Dark Yellow one) has 205/60 R 13" Tires. Since they have a Different Offset, the Tire comes 1½ inches Outside the Body, but they had no Rub at all... Never.

My Weberized EA82 Wagon (That was White, now Bright Yellow and Black) has Bigger Black Alloy Rims, with 205/60 ZR 15" Tires, but the Offset is Very Close to the Factory Original; they don't Rub at all...

...but I Guess if Bigger than 25.5" Tires would fit without Rub nor Trim anything...