Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

After three years of using a stick to prop up the hatch, I installed new struts - it's amazing! Pretty cheap from rockauto, and they were even the correct parts. I also installed a new wiper motor so my intermittents would be less intermittent, thanks to Clay for parting out his '88.

5341504805_cbdab91fbc.jpg

I replaced the 130 secondary main jet on my weber with a 140. Man, it's amazing how smooth the rpm runs through the throttle travel, now.

I can't remember my exact jetting, but up here at 6512 ft I have something like:

Main 1: 130

Air 1: 180

Main 2: 140

Air 2: 200

Idle jets are 1 step bigger from ea82 sea level recommendation. I know it's kind of a weird setup, but I drive to very high altitudes (9000-12000 ft) and when I'm going slow on the gravel roads, I mostly use the first barrel of the carb. When I'm in town and lower altitudes I stomp on it more with traffic and what not and need more enrichment. Mileage isn't superb, but the 87 GL's rolling on 29's (20mpg in town, 27 up high).

What else...? Oh, I took apart my broken 1998 outback mirror. Any body have one with good motors/housing to send me? PM please.

The way they're actuated is interesting.

What else...? Right, my GPS project is shipped and on it's way (thanks SPARKFUN.com). I'm going to replace my dash clock with a 20x4 LCD with GPS location, time, altitude, etc. There's a gadget thread with the plan somewhere on the forum.

I put a quart of ATF in the crankcase of my 91 Loyale to try and flush it out a bit. ATF is high detergent stuff. I've put about a hundred miles on it since then and I'm going to replace the filter and oil probably today. I noticed that I'm starting to get louder exhaust noise after yesterday when I put a pint of O'Reillys fuel injecter cleaner in with only a half tank of fuel. I sure hope it's only exhaust noise.:eek:

Had around 8 inches of snow last night so decided to figure out which is better, 4wd with Clod the 85 BRAT, or AWD with Winston the 99 SUS. Tested traction, handling, stopping, swerving between the trees. Test results....I dunno, they were both fun. Need more testing!

I am in the middle of replacing my o2 sensor but I can't get the new one back on....:eek: Any pointers??? Right now we are looking for a tap set.

Please start a new thread. (Can't PM you, off-topic here.) Use a spark-plug thread-chaser as a tap.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=SER3379_0006401120

Edited by NorthWet

LOL Toms (theloyale) car isnt outta gas, the gas gauge just doesnt work.

i hit about 85 in the ea82, hit the speed governer in my ford probe (111mph), and hit about 110 in aMazda RX-8 by the end of an onramp with the dealers sales guy in the car. LOL! he freaked out a little bit, but it was smooth enough that he didnt notice until i mentioned it.

what i've done lately....

parked my car in subzero temps for a good 18 hrs.

started it up, needed a little help with a pump of the gas pedal.. the drivers door, drivers rear door, and rear door all were frozen open, the oil was pretty thick at that temp and it took a bit to build up oil pressure, at first i though the oil pump was frozen. lol.

F'in northern wisconsin winter