Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

damn man, im amazed at the ************ you come up with!

today we dropped the subie (wifes 2k Outback) off at Abra to have some surgery. got tboned last week and the rear driver door is totally F'd. i was hopin. they'll call with the estimate in the AM.

there seems to be alteast somewhat of some possible structural damage on the upright where the door hinges are. im keepin my fingers crossed that it is deemed totalled. car needs a new front dif or something. been gay for the last year and a half on and off.

here's the goods.

th_100_1114.jpgth_100_1115.jpgth_100_1116.jpg

th_100_1117.jpgth_100_1118.jpgth_100_1119.jpgth_100_1120.jpg

th_100_1122.jpgth_100_1123.jpgth_100_1124.jpg

I hope the occupants are all okay!

yeah, wife was fine, she didnt even realize it happened... was like.. "holy ************, i think i just got hit!" LOL.

girl that hit her ran a red light.. on her birthday.. with 2 little kids in the car.. but they were all Ok too. she 'thought' it was green. :popcorn:

My '94 Loyale has received some serious love lately. New hatch struts from rockauto - goodbye stick! The hatch lifts itself - what a miracle! But I keep reaching for that stick when I go to close it...

The front rotors warped again after they were turned 10k miles ago, so I found some Brembo rotors for $17 each! What a deal, drivewire.com.

As I was preparing to install the rotors, I noticed that the wheel bearings were trashed. One of them was only 7k miles old, after a failure on the road in Oregon (nightmare). It was replaced at a dealer$hip, but I think they skipped replacing this seal. It's all good now, new bearings, seals, and synthetic grease. Rolls like a champ, so quiet!

Oh, and I found that my rear door gaskets were flopping around. Gorilla glue to the rescue. Between this and the wheel bearing fix, my car is much quieter now.

Viva la subaru!

5408294024_c7abb7d19e.jpg5408294046_1a05c17481.jpg

Edited by dennyt

Im battling the forces of mother nature tonight while heading to work.

picture.php?albumid=257&pictureid=2882

Lifted GLs do AWESOME in the snow. I don't like getting mine salty... but when I have to it gets all sorts of looks. I'm more afraid of someone stealing it out of a parking lot in a snow storm than any other day. haha.

Bent it!

Got to close to the build up of stuff in the center and it caught the front DS tire. Road is angled to the rightside in this particular area, so that helped to get the back end around.

Tried my best, but couldn't save it.

Nailed a mailbox with the PS fender just ahead of the tire. Not bad, but still.. :-\

Bought another one today, and it has a lot of todos haha.

98 LGT, black, all options, auto.

Needs an engine, and has torque bind.

So other than needing the ej22 sitting in my garage and a 5speed swap the car is mint. No rust, no body damage. Shiny and beautiful.

Im battling the forces of mother nature tonight while heading to work.

picture.php?albumid=257&pictureid=2882

Update, so after battling mother nature while hitting a snow patch on the way home last night i busted the already bad fromt CV shaft and had to limp home in RWD. Which sucks because with no weight in the back i might as well been banging my head against the wall. Got hung up 2 times. Rocked out the 1st time but the 2nd i had a nice guy in a plow truck pull me out so i didnt half to dig. Bruised and battered guido made it home, but didnt have any more fight to pull into its regular parking spot. A humbling day to say the least.

Installed aftermarket antenna in the center of the roof fourteen inches back from the top of the winshield. Drilled right through a support rib - :eek:

(my luck) but it's all good. New wiper blades, oil and filter. The 85 vintage H style alloy wheels generate their own EMP's. Just kidding. They definitely gotta go though.

Edited by darsdoug

Update, so after battling mother nature while hitting a snow patch on the way home last night i busted the already bad fromt CV shaft and had to limp home in RWD. Which sucks because with no weight in the back i might as well been banging my head against the wall. Got hung up 2 times. Rocked out the 1st time but the 2nd i had a nice guy in a plow truck pull me out so i didnt half to dig. Bruised and battered guido made it home, but didnt have any more fight to pull into its regular parking spot. A humbling day to say the least.

I had a similar issue one time. Broke a front axle in my lifted car, was running an open rear diff. Went from supercar for the conditions to almost completely worthless... Open diff/rwd/slick conditions FTL.....

that outback looks B-A id consider a different muffler setup though it screams i wanna get snagged on somthing :D still awesome though...

i fixed my rear camber issue on the drivers side rear tire. its rediculous how much the slack in those swing arm holes changes the geometry of your tire.