Ultimate Subaru Message Board

<< Lurker decided to say hello

Just wanted to officially say hi! I've been lurking here for months, what a great site with TONS of info on the older subies!! I'm a regular over at DI, under the name j5isalive.. But I just blew my motor (07 wrx) so I'm going to find a beater until the rebuild is done.. Future plans are might be an EJ swapped loyale of some sort.

I'm going look at/buying a 1990 loyale coupe (3door hatch?) tomorrow.. Figured I should become an official USMB member while im at it. :banana:

The loyale in question has a broken timing belt and hasn't been driven for several months.. But after pulling my ej255, it seems like cake.

-John

super easy to do. is this one turbo? the 3door coupe for 90 and later was sometimes badged 'loyale RS' with ea82 turbo and 4eat trans, basically an RX. If the car is black with gold badges, you should sell me the gold badges because i am looking for them!

otherwise, the car will share parts with 85-94 wagon/sedan/coupe of the same generation, and also with xt

MilesFox, that sounds familar. Oh yea, I have your tbelt guide bookmarked. :)

Its definitely a NA ea82 with a fwd 3AT, base model. I may have a wrx drivetrain to swap in once I finish with my GD tho. Or convert it to RS trim, which would be easier. Or hell I could just cage it up and run pstock in the CRS as it sits now. For the next few months it will serve as a DD grocery getter. I'll get some pictures up when I get her home today.

JF1AG421XLC######

JF1 Japan Fuji Heavy Industries

A DL/GL/GL-10/Leone/Loyale/Alcyone XT/XT6

G 85-94 3rd gen. Leone/DL/GL/Loyale hatchback

4 1800cc 1985-94

2 Brighton

1 No Passive Restraint

C FHI FWD 3AT/ECVT

Edited by johnny555

how much of this wrx driveline do you have? if you get a turbo crossmember from an ea82 t car, this will allow you to use the ej20g.

if you have xt6 control arms, you can use the wrx knuckle and axle/strut(use ea82 tophat or slot the holes in the tower)

you can hybrid the trans mount to use the wrx trans

you may be able to swap the wrx rear crossmember into the 3door. I am contempl;ating using a 91 ss legacy turbo rear subframe in my 3door, at least to mock up.

you can go pretty backward compatible with this car, and in the end, you can have an sti spec in a body lighter than any GC impreza.

hey, visit us in the 'new milwaukee thread" on DI for you rold school ea82-ness, because we roll old-school:banana:

So I did buy the 1990 loyale!!! Just got her home, had to bansai the hill behind my house (again) with no power steering/brakes. Too dark for pictures now, but I'll take a few tomorrow.

And MilesFox, thanks for the tips!!! This is exactly the info I was raping the search feature for. I found the post with EJ swaps listed and parts. So much info to process, so many different ways to achieve similar goals. Time to start searching pick and pulls too. I'll keep an eye out for your gold emblems.

Its an 07 wrx with a blown motor, so drivetrain would be from the 5MT to the lugnuts (or only whats needed). Stock suspension. I'm considering an STI swap with r180 rear diff (for the wrx chassis) with a better suspension, but I have many more months of top ramen before I can afford it lol. My hobby changed from rallycross/navigating stage rally.. to shadetree mechanic. :lol:

If I don't go the wrx route, I may just try and convert it to RS trim (as much as possible).. It wont stay fwd for long unless I commit to caging it up. I've really wanted to tinker with an ea82t.

Edited by johnny555