Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Starting over wiring 2.2 conversion in my 88GL10t wagon.

Steve W.

Hi. folks. It's been a while since I've spent any time here. Been havin' to work for a livin', so my poor little car's been setting in my shop,in my way. The conversion's from a 93 Legy SS turbo. I rebuilt the engine, ported & polished the heads, custom exh. etc. The harness was from the same car. The GL ran strong but had eng. management problems. Under load it ran dangerously lean and at deceleration fully rich. (for more history search "fuel cut @ 3 to 5 lbs. boost") Anyway Josh (Legacy777)and Ivan advised a new harness and ECU,and here I am. I have a much better understanding of the system as I begin this time, but still hoping for advise from some of you knowlegable gear heads. Back soon. Thanks, Steve.

Whatch for the main Ig. wire....(yellow)  it connects to alot of items to provide 12v switched.

It's easy to cut it out cause it junctions wAAAY up by the fuse box.....not seeming to be connected to the ECU.