Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 xt spiner intake use with mpfi RX

MilesFox

i got a spider intake and i want to explore the possible use on the rx. as we know the rx has a carb motor now, but the turbo harness is still intact. the reason it has a carb is because the MPFI wen out in some way shap eor form on the car itself(the motor works in another car now)

i figure if the wiring harness is bad, i can isolate the ecu connectors and connect them directly to the motor. i may try my installation without the turbo at first, using a carb block. i do have an mpfi non turbo long block, but i'll save that for use with the 97 regular intake leftovers

what i want to know is do these manifolds work the same with one ecu? i do have the ecu to the spider, i wopuld want to use the one in the car already, or swap the ecu if the plug ins are the same

i anticipate using an xt6 throttle body, are the connectors the same or will i have to splice a connector. wat about xt6 MAF?

and for use of a turbo, what would you use to plumb the turbo. my setup is from a mpfi non turbo

I have a spider intake on my 87 rx. I am using the rx computer. I used the lower half of the manifold form a turbo spider xt. The upper half from a non turbo with no egr. I also used the motor wiring harness from the turbo xt. It has the same plugs as my rx I used the factory turbo plumbing until I intercooled it. It is a black plastic pipe from the turbo to the throttle body with a place for the auxillary air valve hose. You might use 3 elbows and a reducer. I have an xt6 throttle body that I plan on using sometime. The bolt pattern is a litte wider than the raised area the throttle body bolts to. The tps looks way different. The connector looks the same but I haven't plugged it in to check. I didn't look at the xt6 maf to close. It looked the same on the outside. I have looked at a 300zx turbo maf. It is larger(3") and the connector looks the same. Im thinking about trying the maf and injectors from the 300z. good luck