Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru 360 Young in Japanese Cartoon

Hi again,

over the past few months I have been downloading episodes and watching an Anime(Japanese Cartoon) which features a Subaru 360 Young with a soft top. The show is called "Get Backers", and the main character owns the car. It happens to have some sort of a 1200cc engine(with nitrous) tuned to 195 horsepower! I would love to have that in real life.

Divers%2004.jpg

Divers%2001.jpg

Groupe%2013.jpg

G&B%2030.jpg

Those are some pictures I found. The show basically runs along the lines of the two main characters running a service in which people that have things that are lost or stolen hire them to get the thing back. This can range from a kidnap victim to a stolen video game to a vital part of an atomic bomb. The 360 is used often in these jobs, although often they wind up losing their money, as in their first job shown in the series they lose all their money thanks to Ban's habit of inventing his own parking spaces. The show revolves around a very good storyline with alot of action and even comedy, eventiually leading up to a conspiricy and the two's dark past.

If you are interested in finding places to get the show downloaded due to the interest in the 360 I can give you the information.

Sincerely,

Jake Perkins.