In the event that there IS someone on these boards from the northeast that might like to join us, here are the event details for Economy Run IV.
What: Fuel mileage contest through Montgomery, Schoharie, and Schenectady counties of NY. The route will be on very scenic and less travelled roads, and will run approximately 108 miles in distance. Your “economic” driving ability will be tested. Cars will be filled with fuel by an AMEC official and be sent off at one minute intervals. There will be a time limit to complete the run. Any street legal vehicle is allowed to participate, [including motorcycles].
Where: The start and finish will be at the Fairway Oil gas station on Route 5 in Fonda, NY. The physical address is 40 E Main St, Fonda, NY 12068. Take NY Thruway Exit 28.Take NY Thruway Exit 28. After the toll booth, turn left onto Riverside Drive. Then turn right onto South Bridge Street and go over the bridge. On the other side of the bridge is a traffic light. You can see Fairway Oil and Gas on your left. Turn left onto Route 5 and enter the station.
When: Sunday, November 1, 2009. Arrival time will be 8:00-8:30am, first car off at 9:00am. They have gas and diesel and have a large enough parking lot that we won’t be in the way.
Cost: $10 per vehicle to cover the awards.
1. Best overall mpg for gas cars [1st, 2nd, and 3rd places]
2. Best overall mpg for diesel and hybrid cars [1st, 2nd, and 3rd places]
3. Best Historic car ['79 and earlier - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places].
4. Best overall mpg for Street Legal Class ice race cars.
Awards and Lunch: This event will conclude about 1:00 pm, and our plan is to proceed up the nearby Checkers Out Go-Kart track for lunch, awards, and optional indoor go-kart races if you so desire. Checkers Out Speedway is an indoor go kart track open year round, and is located about ¾ of a mile south of Johnstown, NY, on NYS Route 30A. Physical address: 2299 State Hwy 30A Johnstown, NY 12905. Track phone: 518 736-4630. Remember to bring a helmet if you will be racing the karts after lunch.
To register for this event: Please contact Mike Kamm at (518) 674-0520 or via email: mikek [at ]icerace [ dot] com. Or just simply reply to this thread with your name, year/model car. Registration will be limited to the first 25 drivers.
Registered drivers list as of 9-15-09
1. Bruce Turk - 1958 Saab 93B - Walden, NY
2. Mike Kamm - 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Averill Park, NY
4. Will Meredith 1998 - Honda Civic EX - Binghamton NY
3. Dave Burnham - 1991 Eco Diesel Jetta - Delanson, NY
5. Ben Jones - 1991 Honda CRX - Hanover, NH
6. Richard Vedder - 2000 Ford ZX2 S/R - Johnstown, NY
7. Jonathan Bartlett - 1995 VW Cabrio TDI conversion - Sterling, MA
8. Ron Kienhuis - 1972 Citroën SM - Long Island, NY
9. Eric Hoefer - 2008 Honda Fit - Guilderland, NY
10. Chang Ho Kim - 1989 Honda CRX - Maynard, MA
11. Tom Compoli - 1981 VW Rabbit - Schenectady, NY
12. Claude Hutchings Jr. - 1999 Saab 9-3 - Saquoit, NY
13. Bob Addis - 1998 VW Beetle TDI - Cohoes, NY
14. Jacob Swain - 1996 Toyota Camry - Machias, ME
15. Robert Smalls - 2000 Honda Insight - Buffalo, NY
16. Martin Deschenes - 2000 VW Jetta TDI - Quebec City, QC
17. Hobbit - 2004 Toyota Prius - Boston, MA
18. Dan Mandle - 2004 Golf TDI [Vegetable Oil] - Potsdam, NY
19. Ernie Yue - 2001 Ford Focus - Mechanicville, NY
20. Dan & Richard Dobbins - 1962 Studebaker Lark - Long Island, NY
Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Gas mileage contest?
25 replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users