Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt seats into a gl

88gl_kody

i cant say for sure on xt seats.

but i have swapped 91 legacy seats in a 88 sedan. i swapped the rails from my seats to the legacy seat. had to drill holes for the rear bolts from the legacy seat.

installed with the shims that was on the rail from the 88 sedan seats. installed and sat down. only to realize that gl seat rails lock on one side.:rolleyes: and due to the weight of the legacy seats, had to find a loyale seat rail that locked on both sides. i figure if the legacy seats fit the loyale rail i would be surprized it the xt seat would not fit as well. the only thing that makes me think that it would not fit might be the height of the xt seat.

good tool to have gear wrench will make this much easier than trying to slide seat rails without them being installed.:rolleyes:

Hi, I'm runnin' XT6 seats in my GL10T. The slides are longer, the fr. 2 bolted rt up, rear tunnel side bolted with minor mods, but L-rear not even close. I fabed up an angle brkt. & bolted it thru the floor. Great seats, I'm tall & it was a worthwhile improvement. Got me back from the pedals & wheel. Luck, S.