Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello, just got my first Subaru '95 Outback Wagon

Hi, Happy to find this forum. I just got my 1995 Subaru last week and pretty excited out it. I am not a mechanic by any means, but I better get to learning b/c my car needs some big time work. It's in good shape, drivable, and is now my commuter car, but it does need some work. It's a cool little '95 Outback Wagon and replacing my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD.

I will welcome all suggestions and recommendations for fixing up my ride!

- Chris

Tomorrow I'm going to Pull A Part to try to find the following replacement items:

Horn, cup holder, taillight, fog lights, Shift nob boot and plastic surround, clutch pedal cover, dome light covers, cargo cover, cargo area carpet, liftgate liner, center console, weather stripping, Rear bumper cover, Front bumper cover, clutch pedal cover, front seat-belt connectors

Also on the list of replacement parts over the next couple weeks: rear wheel bearings (very loud right now!),4 rotors, fuel sending unit, shifter bushings and joint (flops all over), find the small oil leak, radio and 4 new speakers, roof-rack for my kayaks and mountain bikes. I also have to unstick the heater controls

I don't know much about mechanicing, but looking forward to learning and figuring it out. I have a good repair manual and I think I have found a goldmine on this website.

I figure after I fix all this I should be looking and driving good - and maybe my wife won't be too embarrassed to ride with me. :)

Well, Pull a part was a bit of a let-down. Most of the cars where really picked over. I did manage to fix the dome lights, rear view mirror, center console cover, and some carpet padding for the back. I really wanted to get the tail-light, rear bumper, and cup-holder today - oh well guess I'll keep checking around.

Yes, I am going to put the bearings at the top of the list. Honestly I have no idea what you mean by getting the hub pressed out....I'm just planning to get the bearings, retainer things, bearing grease, and go at it.

Also I got the car really cleaned up today - fully detailed and waxed! Now the dents are all shiny :)

pretty much taking the caliper off, take off rotor, onbolt strut, rear sway bar if equipped, lower control arm, cj shaft, etc untill you have the whole knuckle or hub assembly off. then take that to someone with a good press to replace pearing

Edited by zacyork