Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where do I find parts

I bought my first BRAT a couple of weeks ago and just drove it home (Portland OR) from SoCal two days ago.  When I bought it I knew it needed some body work and possibly both front fenders.  I have searched the internet for aftermarket fenders, well that has turned into an exercise in frustration.  But even more surprising was the fact that I cannot find struts for it.  I used the parts numbers I found in another post and even the Gabriel and KYB websites did not show the parts.  It seems the rest of the world has forgotten about the BRAT and there are just a few of us trying to keep them alive.  PLEASE, if you can help me out, I would appreciate it.  G

Welcome to the Brat. These are the same exact problems I discovered when I got my first Brat 11 years ago. Just getting more difficult as time goes on to find parts. My suggestion, parts car. They come in handy. lots of this stuff just is not made anymore. Nice to have spares. Shocks and struts,just have to keep looking or find something that will work for you. I have heard that gen 2 Brat struts will work in the front with some modification.