Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'85 Toyota is officially mine!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

:banana: I just traded my dad my 77 F-250 money pit for his '85 Toyota 4x4 :banana:

He bought this thing new in 1985, its been wrecked twice, and served as a daily driver/ irrigation work truck for many, many years. We put a 3" lift on it about 4 years ago, and I built the roll bar and installed the stereo/ CB while it was still his. All I need to do to make it run is put the new starter in that he bought 2 years ago :banana: Then I will replace the old carb with a Weber. It has really high gears though, and it doesnt like to drive freeway speeds with 31's, right now it is sitting on 32/11.50 Wildcats (which are reserved for my Brat)

NO, this is NOT my new wheeler, nor is it replacing any of my Subes, this is going to be my hunting rig. Plans are to trade the roll-bar to my brother for his Zune, and Im going to build a custom camper/canopy for it to house all my hunting/emergency gear in and still be able to sleep in it (one of the positives of being a long bed :grin:) It will need lower gears in the axles at some point, and Ill probably eventually build a 22R/20R Hybrid motor for it, but for now Im just gonna get it running and drive it now and then, it get crappy gas mileage :-\ But its MINE!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-Bill

#2 markjw

markjw

Elite Master of the Search Function

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Lacey,Wash.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Nice! A real survivor. The last of the "Real" Toyota trucks. I bought a 'Really nice '86 in '89. I had no idea of the problems I was gonna have with the IFS.

Man,I'd be for restoring that thing.

#3 86HatchShelby

86HatchShelby

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Rathdrum

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

YA YOTA!
hit up www.yotatech.com man, they are real great :)
like the ultimatesubaru for yotas...

-Jaren

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

i hate you........:lol:cheers, rbian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users