Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Easy way to add torque

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_UltimateRX_*

Guest_UltimateRX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:14 AM

I've had a couple of question asked of me later with regards to torque. Seems like back in my old hot rodding days, one of the ways to incease torque was to raise the carb higher off the manifold. Most of the time we just used about a 2 inch adapter plate to raise the carb. Later they came out with high rise manifold and some real crazy looking manifolds that had long tubes between the carb plentum and the intake side of the heads. So, if you are looking for some more torque from your engine, you might try this before going out a building a complete new engine.

#2 Guest_Subi81_*

Guest_Subi81_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:16 PM

I was wondering about this the other day. I finally made my weber adapter for my 81 wagon but I couldn't find any 1 inch thick allumimum so I made it out of 1/2 inch. I was wondering what the drawbacks will be. Now I know just have to put it on and see.

Thanks!

#3 Guest_McBrat_*

Guest_McBrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:08 PM

I have a 1" spacer between the weber adapter and the carb. I got the aluminum block from <a href="http://www.alcobrametals.com/" target="top">www.alcobrametals.com/</a>

they are in Spokane, and will ship. they will cut to size for you. If you are local, they have "scrap bins" that probably would have pieces you could use. and they sell really cheap from the scrap bin...

#4 Guest_Flowmastered87GL_*

Guest_Flowmastered87GL_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2003 - 03:48 PM

Thats what Baja/Jason was telling me... if there is room on my brat after it gets lifted and when its time to install the weber... install the highest adapter that I can.

I am not sure if I will go 1 inch or 2 inch... I will need to measure after the lift, and with the weber on a block of wood or something :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users