Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Automatic Legacy 2004

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joanmhe1

joanmhe1

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Massachusetts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:36 PM

I recently totalled my 99 legacy wagon with a manual transmission, and would like to switch to automatic, however I test-drove a 2004 wagon, prepared to love it, but found it to be loud and the shifting not too smooth, esp. between 3rd and 4th. I have driven a loaner Forester which I did not notice any problem with the automatic. I also don't mind the automatic in my rental or on others that I have driven. Anyone else notice this problem with the wagon? I need a new car immediately, but am now a little flustered. The Forester with sunroof is a little pricey compared to the Wagon special edition.

#2 andyhaussler

andyhaussler

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Fresno, CA

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:51 PM

Bought an O4' Legacy Special Edition in October. I haven't noticed the tranny making noises...it isn't super smooth but is more than tolerable. We love the car, my wife even said there wasn't one thing she would change about it! We debated between the manual and automatic pretty hard, went with the auto because my wife had trouble pushing in the clutch. It is a great car!

On another note, the subaru extended warranty is way over priced, got one through our credit union for half the price and we can choose the mechanic.

Good luck!

#3 joanmhe1

joanmhe1

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Massachusetts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:21 PM

Thanks! I'm having a friend test drive the car to get a second opinion. If I still don't like it, I'll probably get the manual transmission.

Thanks for the info on the extended warranty - I'll take my chances again - so far it has worked out.

Joan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users