Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i just bought a subaru powered sand rail with an EA71 would like to know what year?

I bought a dune buggy with what theey said might have been a substitutes brat motor and tranny. i figured out it was a EA71 so that corrolates with a 78-80 brat. Defineately would like to know the exact year the other number I found was 731242 any help would be greatly apreciated and im definately gonna need some help with wiring. Thanks

I don't know for certain that this translates to the EA71, as I have an 81 Brat. But the temp sending unit on the radiator only triggers the radiator fan. I have another temp sending unit mounted to the engine that feeds the idiot light. I think it's the one on the back of the intake manifold.

its definitely going to need some work im not getting enough spark/gas... sont know which. its a single barrel carb.. did this come standard i had her running fine and then the battery just drained?????? no clue where to go from here but not giving up hope. a mechanic friend is going to come look at it later today and try and help rewire. there are so many wires everywhere and half of them are not connected/cut/burnt. lovely situation. she tries to fire but just cant get there all of the sudden.. any thoughts would be great