Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New...but old

Hi All,

I joined this site quite some time ago and have mostly viewed the forums and topics. But thought I better introduce myself.

From 'down-under', have a 1990 L-Series Wagon with the EA71 motor, has a 3" custom lift kit and certified road legal by an engineer. Got the dual range 4wd 5spd and factory 14" subaru mags with 205x75 Cooper discovery tyres.

Just fitted the rear adjustable shocks (3 step adjustable) and have it on the middle setting, have given me about another 1/2 to 1" of lift.

Still running an open (3.9) rear diff, but looking for an LSD, they are few and far between here in NZ, with most in Datsun Rally cars.

Have done my coil, leads and plugs for some extra performance and also swapped the viscous fan for another electric fan (now twin fan). Have a Weber 32/36 to put on as well which needs an electric choke conversion and still need to acquire/make an adaptor plate to the stock intake manifold.

Am considering the EJ swap to a EJ18 carb motor, then I don't need to fluff around with a computer/loom/wiring.

That's me, nice to be here and look forward to the help I'll no doubt need to progress my 'passion' (or in my wife's eyes 'madness').

Mark.

Thanks, yeah, if there was a way to easily/inexpensively freight parts and back and fourth there could be some 'quid-pro-quo' going on between the US & New Zealand.

You guys have more plentiful parts for the old leone/loyale L-Series.