Jump to content

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

EA81 Engine Swap was successful

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 greggbrat


    Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

  • Members
  • 263 posts
  • Denver Colorado

Posted 14 March 2004 - 01:18 AM

I just pulled out a bad/smoking motor and replaced it with a junkyard motor of better quality. But the process was not without its quirks and humor.

On the way over the my friends house to do the swap (in a warm garage) the new motor tumbled out of the back of my brat onto a busy street. :-) Fortunately some nice folks helped me load it back into my brat. The motor only suffered some minor damage........a broken pulley and a smashed carb. Not really a problem since I was using my old intake/carb anyway. And I just swapped over the new pulley.

It took 3 tries to get all the coolant connections connected. Not quite the recommended method.......fill it up.....listen for splashing coolant. :-)

This was my first motor swap......all in all it went pretty well. Granted I think I owe my friend my first born for all his help and the use of his garage.

In end it runs great........now I just need a new exhaust and some bodywork.....then it will be a happening vehicle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users