Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rough idling after TUNEUP FUEL INJ CLEAN

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 terryb52

terryb52

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • illinois

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:37 PM

I had a tuneup done last Friday and they told me I needed the fuel injectors cleaned. At the time I only had a quarter tank of gas. I drove the car home and the next day it ran worse. I filled up and drove it a few miles at a higher speed to try to get chemicals distributed. It's been several days now and it is worse--almost stalling out when in gear at lights. Seems to get better when I put it in neutral (it's an automatic). I went to the garage where the work was done and they said my fuel filter might be clogged from the cleaning. Should I be concerned about their ability. Does that sound reasonable? I don't wnat to pay even more if I don't need to. What should I be looking at???? I shelled out $400 for a fuel pump a few months ago! Thanks!

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,639 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:45 PM

go get a fuel filter....if it hasn't been replaced in a while it might be clogged especially with the cleaning.

#3 kevin1walsh

kevin1walsh

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • wyoming

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

hopefully its a plugged fuel filter
did they do fuel injection flush? what type?
its possible they accidentally caused a burned
valve.

#4 Nug

Nug

Lurker/off-topic poster

• Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • West Point

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image

#5 ejlain

ejlain

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, i think you got some good advice..sounds like you need a fuel filter.

They're cheap enough and if you do a search, someone just posted step-by-step DIY instructions. I am going to be replacing mine once the weather changes and I plan on using those directions.

I'm sure the cleaning probably stirred stuff up. That plus the fact that your gas was low and then you filled up probably stirred up even MORE junk to clog the filter.

Let us know how u make out.

- Ed

#6 terryb52

terryb52

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • illinois

Posted 18 March 2004 - 09:12 AM

Well so far so good. The filter got changed yesterday (not a project I wanted to tackle) and I've only driven it a few miles but it is definately better. They said you couldn't blow through it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users