Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello Folks!

I think this is my first post - although I do cruise the board often. Lot of good info here!

We own 3 Surarus. Two of them are 1996 LX Imprezas, each of which was bought new. My wife's is a 4 door dark green, which my step daughter drives everyday. We'll sign the title over to here when she graduates from college this coming December. The other is my 2 door, which is a sort of red metallic. Both run great, mine has about 147k miles & my wife's has over 150k.

The 3rd Subaru is a 1999 Black/Gray Outback SUS Limited, 30th Anniversary Edition, 51k miles. We just bought this one used in a private sale; I've known the car since it rolled off the showroom floor. My wife will drive this most of the time - the 2000 Nissan Sentra she has been driving will be up for sale soon! :clap:

We are a Subaru family!

Anyway, I'm thinking about upgrading the stereo in my '96 coupe. These are one of those projects that can really run away from me - I started out just looking for a new head unit. Now I'm looking at component speakers, amps, a subwoofer......:eek:

To my question - is the stock radio hard to remove? It looks like it would be simple enough, but I've never been back there & I don't have a clue if it's harder than what it seems.

Also - has anyone installed a subwoofer under one of the front seats? I'm not after ground shaking volume or bass, but would like to install a small sub (maybe 8") without affecting my luggage or people capacity.

Thanks in advance - glad to be a member!