Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Carter-Webber's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:37 AM

Have a quick question, Need an emissions expert probably for this one, but My subaru brat is currently powered by one of em carter-webber carbs that everyone hates... Are thoes carbrators adjustable in the air/fuel mixture? From the looks of the results it's running just a tad rich, the car has a new air filter, cap, rooter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires, tuned to 8 degress btdc. purrs like a kitten, but here are the following results it gets from emissions testing. Cruis RPM is 2,500 and the idle rpm is something like 950, a little high I guess, but it wasn't over the limit. Heres how it did. Hydrocarbons, limit at cruis or idle is 220ppm at idle it failed at 226ppm, at cruise it passed at 64ppm. CO % limit is 1.2 at idle, it was 2.19, at cruise it was 1.72. so obviously it failed the co % CO+CO2 % minimum at cruise is 6, it passed at 15.62 with an "N/A" Idle, minumum is 6, it was 15.29. O2 % was 0.7 at cruise, no limit, and 1.32 at idle, no limit. so thats the results, and it failed the CO % at idle and cruise and it failed hydro carbons or (HC) at idle... first time I tested it with all the vacume leaks, it ONLY failed the hydrocarbons at idle, but it was at a very high rate, at idle it was about 1024ppm and the limit like I said earlier, is 220ppm. Anyway any help would be great, if all else fails, I'm gonna just take off the intake manofold, put on a hatachi carb and intake, and remove all the emissions garbage, and according to Austin, it'll pass that way. Anyway any info regards to what Might be wrong and why it's failing the way it is, and how it can be fixed other than replacing the top half would be much apreciated, thanks everyone!:headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users