Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any videos of an ej22 in a Gen 1Brat.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hey, I found the thread :)

I've been helping with this project; I'm doing the wiring harness for the EJ22 and have been providing advice as needed too, which has been a little challenging as Gen 1 cars are hard to find with projects like this done right.
Originally the project was going to use an EJ22T but someone at Spaldings "lost track of the engine" (sold it to himself probably) that was on reserve.

The fabrication for this job looks pretty great; I'll be taking some pics of it to post in a little bit. True that this EJ22 is no substitute for a turbo motor, but with this driveline, it'll be a totally different car from when it had the EA71. :burnout:

#27 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • spokane

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Here is a couple of pics of the brat..

#28 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • spokane

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

A couple more pics. All fab work complete only a couple little things left to finish. Can you say ej swap.

#29 TajMan

TajMan

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • SLC, UT

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

nice, I like the fab

#30 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • spokane

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks. The swap is getting really close to being done. Just a hole bunch of little things to do. Like wiring and paint the engine bay. I recently put on 2000 Forester wheels and made the little brat look pretty mean. Also I bought a 91 SS Turbo parts car"Factory 5 Speed" to start building the motor and trans to swap in at a later date. It only took me 6 months to find that EJ22T LOL. So more pics to come and the video that nobody has of the Gen1 Brat rallying.

#31 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • spokane

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Ok so while my motor is pulled out to finish up little things.. I decided to go get a 2002 2.5 short block with 100k to build a franken motor that everyone is talking about. This brat is getting a turbo motor ej22t but for now I will see what everyone is talking about. So here is the list..
02 2.5 stock shortblock
91 ej22 Dual port heads
91 ej22 intake and wiring
02 2.5 head gaskets
General D had to say something about the higher comp!!!! LOL
[ATTACH][ATTACH]9441[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Edited by SubiBratz, 29 February 2012 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users