Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Security Upgrade Failed!!!! 1997 Legacy

Got the Subaru security upgrade kit that was an option on the car off ebay. i did the install and i couldnt get the alarm to set then i remebered that the senser on the back right door was dead so i thought that must be the problem and it was stopping the alarm from setting. well this was all at the end of last fall (i live in minesota) and i didnt get around to rebuilding the senser till today (it got up to 32F and i had some free time). so i went out again today and got the senser working and i tried again to set the alarm and it still isnt working.

So in getting the upgrade kit i got 1 good thing: panic mode(whatever that does for me id rather yell at them)

But, i now have no security system at all and i dotn even have a blinking light to fake it.:banghead:

Last time the system wasnt arming it was because the hood had been damaged by a towing company and the dealership couldnt even figure that out so i woudl like to try and fix this myself. Also if anyone has a wiring diagram for the security system that might help.

Thanx for any help as i cannot put in a new cd player ( it has the changer under the seat that is hard to get at) untill i had a good alarm system.