Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Loyale owner

Hey guys I just recently purchased a 91' Loyale with 167k miles and the TOD from hell lol. Only paid 500 bucks and it drives like a dream. 5 speed manual shifts great. I have a front wheel bearing that is bad and I'm having trouble locating a good DIY post or vid. Found one but the pics had all been deleted. Pretty sure I can figure it out myself but some clarification I need is that there are 2 bearings per hub right?

Here is a video on how to remove and reinstall the axle. Once you have the axle out, the bearings are cake.

I had another video about the bearings, but the original file got corrupted, so i need to re-edit it.

With the axle out of the hub, use a drift to drive out the bearings from opposite sides. Driving out the bearing will drive out the seal as well. Then re-install the bearings with a drift, being careful to only place the drift on the out er race. There will be a spacer bit that goes between the bearings. Then install the seals. Refer to the video to reinstall the axle.

Watch the video and if you have any questions ask here.