Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS 15, Another Marvelous Adventure

wcss15winners.jpg

Hey Subaru Fans!

We've come to the close of another incredible West Coast Subaru Show. As with every year the experience is one of a kind, and unique to any other show out there. At this point the crowds have parted, and the staff is catching up on some much needed sleep. 

At the end of it all this year we again set some new record numbers. We had well over 400 cars at the show and over 700 people attending. It was an incredible showing of support and we are proud to have had all of you as a part of the show. We'll be posting the winners on the website before too long. 

Camping definitely had it's up's and downs this year. Many of you that we've talked with in the past made a huge effort to be well behaved this year. You guys are definitely the big reason we continue to plan this show. Others... well, we'll address that here shortly.  

We managed to sell out of nearly every last shirt and sold more raffle tickets than in any year past. The raffle was a great success this year, thanks in large part to all of our vendors that made an incredible showing this year. You guys brought some beautiful cars, and wonderful product to show. 

The mud pit was definitely an experience this year. When we arrived on Thursday it looked perfect for our use. As we camped there Thursday night to be ready bright and early Friday for set up, we gained an extra two inches of rain fall. Two inches. This turned the mud pit into a deep, watery, soupy mess. Our Case tractor even had trouble moving through it for a while. Mercifully it dried up quite a bit throughout the day on Friday, and was manageable by Saturday. It was great to see everyone giving it a shot and so many of you that we didn't think would make it beyond the entry gate giving it your all. This was one of the most impressive mud pit's i've ever seen. Certainly show cased the true abilities of our beloved Subaru's.

Dante of Dante's Inferno himself came out to serve you guys hot dogs once again, made some great food, and had a blast himself. This was a big deal considering all other food options backed out on us at the last minute, and Dante had suffered an accident with one of his food carts just prior to the show. This guy's a class act and makes some incredible dogs. 

Again, we appreciate every one of you. The show would not be possible without such a great community to support the show. We thank all of our sponsors, vendors, and volunteers for making this possible. 

As always, we are open to any suggestions or concerns, we do ask that if you have any you email them to us at WestCoastSubaruShow@gmail.com. 

Thanks everyone!

West Coast Subaru Show Committee

• 3 weeks later...

This years WCSS 15 was the first time I've visited this show.  I'm currently without a Subaru, but knew this would be a great opportunity to view, study and learn more about these great machines from the owners.

I was really interested in the mud pit.  The variety of cars / wagons (both lifted and stock) were a great way to experience just how much traction Subaru's get.  I watched about 20 drivers seek the deepest depths of the mud pit and only two (that I saw) got stuck!

I took the videos and posted them to my YouTube channel.  Here are some links for you to share with others.

Thanks for the great show.  Next year I'll participate in the show and drive my Subaru to the event and perhaps I'll dive into the mud bath!

Subaru Brat:  

Loyale Wagon:  

There were far more that took on the mud pit, and I have videos on just about all of them (not posted)

Thanks for putting on a good show!

Edited by GRANDLOYALE