Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

COOLING QUESTION

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnw

johnw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • sandy,oregon

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

ON MY 1987 RX I REPLACED THE THERMOSTAT AND MY ELECTRIC FAN WENT OUT BUT IT WONT GET WARM YOU WOULD THINK IT WOULD OVER HEAT BUT DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT SPEED IT SITS RIGHT AT THE COLD MARK AND THE HEAT IS NOT VERY WARM NOW IF I SIT AT A LIGHT IT STARTS TO GET WARM BUT THEN COOLS OFF AGAIN WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS 

#2 81EA81

81EA81

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Spokane,WA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Add more coolant!!You likely have air trapped in the cooling system

Park your car nose high, so your heater core is no longer the highest point in the system. Blast the heat, run your car with the radiator cap off.

keep an eye on your coolant level. 

let it get up to temperature and let your thermostat open, make sure your upper hose gets hot too. add more coolant as air bubbles out.

Continue until no more air is coming out of the system. It may help to work the air out by massaging the upper hose.

You can speed up the warm up process by running the car at about 2,000rpm

That should do it, good luck, awesome car by the way. It looks best stock height.

#3 johnw

johnw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • sandy,oregon

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

thanks i will try that i like it back to stock height 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users