Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone seen this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tsuru

Tsuru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Darby, Montana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

I was not sure where to post this, it isn't a BRZ but it embodies what the BRZ is.

Attached File  818hpvideothumb.jpg   3.6K   29 downloads

Attached File  DSC_9236-694x413.jpg   46.73K   30 downloads

Specifically this website...

https://www.factoryf...ts/project-818/

What a kick that would be...

But then again, isn't what the BRZ kinda is...?

Now I'm torn between one of those or a kit Cobra...

(too many choices)

dreamingly,

Timothy

#2 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,921 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

A few being built around here in Denver.  I want one for sure.  I wish it was more weather friendly but still looks like a lot of fun.  For me its between this and a Porsche 356 kit car with an EJ swap.  

#3 Tsuru

Tsuru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Darby, Montana

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

I had a 356 kit for about a month, traded it for a small collection of things that went "BANG", and an espresso machine...

(in retrospect that sounds weird...like a recipe for some sort of leading news story)

Anyway, it was one of the 1980s chopped VW bug pan kits from Fiberfab, I had the VW part ready, but the fit and finish on the kit was HORRENDOUS!

after a month of looking at the amount of reglassing I would have had to do, (refitting mount brackets, re setting door/hood hinges, 

I am surely hoping that the newer kits are better laid out and the fit/finish has improved.

Yes, a tube framed chassis holding the EJ (maybe even make it a real 4x4?) would be nifty.

Wait, the engine is rearmounted in the kit...but the engine wouldnt stick up as much so one could front mount it there and retain the 4X stuff...but then it wouldn't be a 356 replica...hmmm...

Im thinking of the super lightweight factor of the glass body, even with the "low" horsepower output of the EJ you could really scoot along.

wouldn't need 4x4 because it would be your weekend, sunny day play car.

still, would be neat, lifted, 4X4, Subaru propelled...

(dang it...now I'm thinking about kitcars again...breath-tim-it-will-pass...just...freaking...breathe...)

nuts...

laughingly,

Timothy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users