Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was not sure where to post this, it isn't a BRZ but it embodies what the BRZ is.

post-47639-0-68327800-1392706357_thumb.jpg

post-47639-0-86396300-1392706290_thumb.jpg

Specifically this website...

https://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/

What a kick that would be...

But then again, isn't what the BRZ kinda is...?

Now I'm torn between one of those or a kit Cobra...

(too many choices)

dreamingly,

Timothy

I had a 356 kit for about a month, traded it for a small collection of things that went "BANG", and an espresso machine...

(in retrospect that sounds weird...like a recipe for some sort of leading news story)

Anyway, it was one of the 1980s chopped VW bug pan kits from Fiberfab, I had the VW part ready, but the fit and finish on the kit was HORRENDOUS!

after a month of looking at the amount of reglassing I would have had to do, (refitting mount brackets, re setting door/hood hinges, 

I am surely hoping that the newer kits are better laid out and the fit/finish has improved.

Yes, a tube framed chassis holding the EJ (maybe even make it a real 4x4?) would be nifty.

Wait, the engine is rearmounted in the kit...but the engine wouldnt stick up as much so one could front mount it there and retain the 4X stuff...but then it wouldn't be a 356 replica...hmmm...

Im thinking of the super lightweight factor of the glass body, even with the "low" horsepower output of the EJ you could really scoot along.

wouldn't need 4x4 because it would be your weekend, sunny day play car.

still, would be neat, lifted, 4X4, Subaru propelled...

(dang it...now I'm thinking about kitcars again...breath-tim-it-will-pass...just...freaking...breathe...)

nuts...

laughingly,

Timothy