Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

wrx seats in a loyale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

so i searched but couldnt find what im looking for. has anyone put wrx seats into a loyale and what modifications need to be done to make it work. my stock seats are in rough shape and i just picked up the front two seats and the rear seat from a wrx. any help is appreciated . thanks

#2 Ibreakstuff

Ibreakstuff

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • 375 posts
  • NorCal Transplant

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

I think it depends on the year, you might be able to just swap out the sliding mechanism or drill out 2 holes. The rail spacing should be identical for GC(jdm)/GD wrx's.

With the rear seats, I believe you have to flip or modify a couple of the tabs.

100% for sure it has been done before.

#3 presslab

presslab

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • N. California

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

I have '02 WRX seats in my 88 GL-10. They are pretty tall, I'm 6'1" and there is no headroom to spare.

I used the old seat rails. On the drivers side I needed to weld angle iron to the old rail to work with the lifting mechanism, I also removed the assist spring so the seat would go lower. The pass side needs a custom bracket for the seat back, as this is part of the removed WRX rail.

Now, if your short you could build it easier but there will be less headroom.

#4 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

well im 6 foot so i guess i will be losing all my head room . does anybody have picture of them installed (front and rear ) and maybe of them working on getting the stock rails on . i am more of a visual learner so pictures would help alot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users