Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spanish Subaru...more like a KANgaroo !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lost in Spain

Lost in Spain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • TARRAGONA SPAIN

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi, I am Nick, and I live in Spain for my sins :D , and have done for 28 years.

My wife is Dutch, and her Brother lives in The Gambia, where he owns a couple of restaurants. He had polio at the age of 14, and subsequently can only drive automatics.

He and his wife come to visit us twice a year, and he needs a vehicle he can drive comfortably, so I tracked down a 2000 Subaru Forester 2 litre auto. Engine is great, car is great...but it has developed a fault less than 3 days after buying it :D I guessed it MIGHT...but not this quickly. Typically, it is the auto gearbox,,,perfect going forwards, but it now started making a noise somewhat like a dodgy UJ on a transmission shaft.

I haven't got under yet, been busy doing other things, but thought I would ask some advice here...and how many arms and legs this is going to cost me!!

Thanks for any advice/tips/foretelling of imminent financial doom ! :D

Edited by Lost in Spain, 23 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#2 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,650 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hi Nick.  I'm Nick too--but I was banished to Hawai'i many, many years ago!

Welcome to the USMB.  I know nada about auto trannies but I'm sure the gurus here will offer help.  You might want to ask for "technical help" in the New Generation forum--you'll catch more eyeballs there.

Best of luck and again, welcome!

#3 Lost in Spain

Lost in Spain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • TARRAGONA SPAIN

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome Olnick :D Hawai'i, eh? Beats Spain I guess!!

I hope I can get some help here...but....we will see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users