Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spanish Subaru...more like a KANgaroo !

Hi, I am Nick, and I live in Spain for my sins :D , and have done for 28 years.

My wife is Dutch, and her Brother lives in The Gambia, where he owns a couple of restaurants. He had polio at the age of 14, and subsequently can only drive automatics.

He and his wife come to visit us twice a year, and he needs a vehicle he can drive comfortably, so I tracked down a 2000 Subaru Forester 2 litre auto. Engine is great, car is great...but it has developed a fault less than 3 days after buying it :D I guessed it MIGHT...but not this quickly. Typically, it is the auto gearbox,,,perfect going forwards, but it now started making a noise somewhat like a dodgy UJ on a transmission shaft.

I haven't got under yet, been busy doing other things, but thought I would ask some advice here...and how many arms and legs this is going to cost me!!

Thanks for any advice/tips/foretelling of imminent financial doom ! :D

Edited by Lost in Spain

Hi Nick.  I'm Nick too--but I was banished to Hawai'i many, many years ago!

Welcome to the USMB.  I know nada about auto trannies but I'm sure the gurus here will offer help.  You might want to ask for "technical help" in the New Generation forum--you'll catch more eyeballs there.

Best of luck and again, welcome!