The Birdmobile had its engine completely rebuilt recently, a 2 month long process that included pulling the engine, replacing every seal, gasket, Head bolt and washer, O-ring, spring, hose, and belt. I also replaced all sensors, the water and oil pump, and completely re-did the PCV system. While I was at it, I replaced the $h!7achi carburator with a Weber, and replaced the mechanical fan with a 2nd electric fan. I also replaced the radiator, thermoswitch, and all 4 front CV and DOJ rubber boots. I went ahead and deleted the AC while I was at it, and pulled most of the engine wiring harness and re-wired it using my own waterproof connectors and cable. New Optima battery and battery cables too. All new plugs, wires, disty cap and rotor. Zip tied it all up, for that final touch of quality.
Oh... I also painted the "EA82" casting identifier and all flywheel timing marks using fluorescent green fingernail polish.
Yeah... I love my car!
First photo, the engine compartment:
Edited by BirdMobile, 27 July 2014 - 07:41 PM.