Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm back - well sort of

After about 8 years, I've made my way back to this forum. Let me explain. I used to have a 1991 Legacy, from 2002 to 2006. I gave up the car in 2006, which I really regret. It was an issue with emissions testing, nothing really wrong with it (except for the normal things that happen with a 15-year old car). At the time I wasn't into DIY fixing as I am now, but there are a few things I miss:

-being able to do the oil change without raising the vehicle at all. The HO engine is short so there is tons of space underneath it. Also, the oil filter was on the bottom, so oil didn't drip all over the side of things.

-the fact that it was a 5-speed manual. Also my Legacy was a FWD model, with the 2.2 SOHC engine. I realize there are no FWD Subies anymore, but even 5-speed is getting harder to find. I checked a few manufacturers' sites and when you want the manual tranny (that is, if they offer one at all!), it's the no frills base model. And they probably don't have any at the dealership.

-the look of the car - I liked the reflective red plastic across the entire back of the car, had a sleek look to it - for a 90s car

I should say at this point I am Subaru-less :( but I will be looking for a used Legacy or Legacy wagon when I replace the current car. It's hard to find ones with manual trannies but at least AutoTrader can help with that.

Edited by Legacy