Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guys,

I purchased a '96 OBW with 188,000 miles from....well....basically a junk yard. Car had a cracked block which I replaced with a shortblock from a '97. Car is running great but has a little knock when cold. I used the hydraulic '96 heads on the '97 block. Anyway...the car needs a few odds and ends and I was just wondering if anybody had them.

1. Looking for a tow hitch for up to 2000 lbs. (I believe that's the maximum for the car).

2. Need that short piece of moulding on the drivers front fender.

3. The headlight covers look like they have been sandblasted, can they be polished???

4. I need two clean, grey sun visors.

Otherwise, car is complete and looks great. The interior cleaned up like a 50,000 mile car and the paint still has great gloss. There is no rust and as far as I know the transmission is solid.

Anybody know about 1-4??

Thanks,

Todd

I don't have any info except for on number 3 there.

Wetsand down the headlight covers with minimum 1,500 grit. Perferably 2,000 grit.

Go on down to home depot and grab yourself a buffing disc and plastic buffing compound. Buff em up. They'll look like new.

But the only problem is...after a few nice car washes...they look like crap again since the polish seems to leave or something.

Look in the phone book for a suitable clear bra shop.

Get a few quotes from places.

Make sure they are using 3M. It's the best. Also make sure they warranty their work.

At my work we give a lifetime warranty and use only 3M. The cost of 2 headlights is about $50.00.

Once the clear bra is on you will hardly even notice it and it does a super job of protecting and clearing up your headlights.

P.S. I would get all your materials and find a clear bra shop before wetsanding. Just in case... :grin: