Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy and CD changer help!

Howdy all, new to the board... I have a 2K Outback with the clarion in-dash cd changer that has started to skip, it cannot seem to hold a track, I would love to replace this with the same but the replacement cost is too high in my opinion. Anyone have an one for sale, or a place to get the current one repaired? What are some good third party options? I have a long commute and lack of a CD player is driving me crazy #^%$$&*#!

$135 isn't too bad, compared to the price of a brand new Subaru unit. Still, if you're not in a huge hurry, I'd watch eBay for a couple of weeks. I just bought a new, in the factory box, remote Subaru 6 CD changer for $12. Since they only hook up to a factory Subaru radio, not too many folks out there need one, so you can get one cheap if you wait around. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so that was the best bet for me. If $135 doesn't bother you, then that might be better so you get some sort of guarantee.

I don't think anyone has an aftermarket changer that plugs into the factory Subaru.

If you don't mind the time and effort investment, you can usually pick up a barely used in-dash 6 changer unit that should easily replace what you have and it would still be had for less than $100. If I couldn't find a replacement changer to plug into my radio, that was the route I was going to take. I'd rather have the CDs in the dash, but for $12 I'll be content to reach under the seat.

Good luch whatever route you take.