Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil pump questions...

Guest thesubarukid

Guest thesubarukid

A while back, i asked for help on the ticking problem, and i was told to replace/reseal my oil pump and put in differetn oil along with MMO.

How can i check my oil pressure? I have a digidash that doesnt have an oil pressure gauge.

Now, which should i do? Replace it or reseal it? There is a big difference in price to replace and reseal. To reseal itll cost me about $18 for the reseal kit. Cost about $110 to replace with a new one with a warranty.

Now, I now that ill have to take it out either way, so what kind of project am i looking at? How far am i going to have to tear down?

Anything else i should worry about/look out for while working? Anytihng else in the area i should/could replace at the same time?

Thanks,

Guest thesubarukid

By the way, on the way home from work last night, the oil light came on and stayed on for about a minute and a half. Its come one before, but usually goes back off in a few seconds.

I'd like to get this fixed as soon as posible before something else goes wrong....

What else <span style="text-decoration:underline">could</span> go wrong?

thanks,

Guest archemitis

UG. if your light came on get a pump. when you get it out you can measure the clearance between the gerators. the two gears that mash the oil through the pump into the motor. you can use a feeler guage and a ruler, and a chiltons:p . but if its not bad dont change it. could be your sender going out, too. mechanical guages are 10 bucks.