Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To post in archive re: hestitaion problems

Guest SUBYDAZZ

Could a moderator add this text to the topic associated in the archive if they see fit, Cheers, SUBYDAZZ.

The EJ22, (and to a lesser extent the EJ20) motor with it's long manifold runners and it's particular design of EGR is very susceptible to carbon build up in the upper engine and intake. Subaru Australia does a complete upper engine clean and injector service at every service now.

I bought my 92 liberty (manual) recently and have experienced similar problems, I first took it to my local mechanic (who is pretty cluey) and told me about the stuff above. He performed the throttle body cleaner, and it is going better, less hesitation, but he said it was incredibly built up and will probably need a nother flush and maybe an injector service. Hoping it will clear things up, if not I will look into the TPS clean too.

:)roll01.gif:)

Guest rcoaster

I'll have to agree with SUBYDAZZ...

I found that putting in fuel system cleaner that includes detergents that will remove carbon build up on the intake valves at every oil change will keep hesitation to nearly undetectable levels and keeps the car running well. This holds true for the 2.5 liter engines as well.