Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Part# for XT Turbo Pistons

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_myxalplyx_*

Guest_myxalplyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2002 - 02:23 PM

Can anyone here tell me what the part number is for an XT Turbo Piston? Do they come with the piston rings and if not, what is the part number for that? Any help is appreciated. I need six of them. Thanks!

#2 Guest_rguyver_*

Guest_rguyver_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2002 - 02:52 PM

turboing a XT6 are we ?

#3 Guest_myxalplyx_*

Guest_myxalplyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2002 - 04:09 PM

:D Just getting the 'scraps' together. That's all! ;)

#4 Guest_UltimateRX_*

Guest_UltimateRX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:57 PM

Can you tell me what year it is for, or does that matter to you, it does for the correct part number. Also, what bore, std, .25 or .5??

#5 Guest_myxalplyx_*

Guest_myxalplyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:48 PM

Corky,

Man...I'm sorry for the late reply. I lost the post and had trouble finding it. Hehe.

Ok...to answer your question(s).
"Can you tell me what year it is for, or does that matter to you, it does for the correct part number. Also, what bore, std, .25 or .5??"

I have a 1989 2.7ltr XT6 that's a FWD with autotranny.

It's an Over-head camshaft type valve arrangement.

Bore X Stroke = 92 X 67mm (3.62 X 2.64in)

STD?? Stem diameter? Sexually Transmitted Disease? :lol:
I'm not good with different car terminology. I have the service manuals to the XT6 though so I should be able to answer your questions.

Looking in my service manual, the XT6 and XT (both 89s) have the same bore and stroke, same compression ratio, same valve set, valve guide, valve stem and valve spring numbers. I have no info on the XT turbo (or perhaps RX turbo) numbers though.

Does that help?

#6 Guest_RXT FIN_*

Guest_RXT FIN_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2002 - 02:22 AM

RX turbo pistons part number is 12006AA210 STD

#7 Guest_bbitner_*

Guest_bbitner_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2002 - 06:05 AM

For the price of stock ones you should just buy aftermaket forged pistons. When i was pricing parts the JE pistons were about 20 bucks more a shot. Suby rings are insane at 250 bucks.

#8 Guest_UltimateRX_*

Guest_UltimateRX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:06 AM

Sexually transmitted disease!!!!! :rollin: Nope it is the abbreviation for standard, as in standard size piston (the size that came from the factory). When you rebuild an engine sometimes you have to bore out the cyclinder so you'd need a larger size piston, the factory offers two larger sizes, .25 and .50 larger then stock diameter. So if they are the same size, here are the part numbers.

Std 12006AA210
.25 12006AA220
.50 12006AA230

These part numbers do not include rings, just the psiton, pin and C clips.

Ring set part numbers are

Std 12033AA000
.25 12033AA010
.50 12033AA020

Hope that helps.

#9 Guest_myxalplyx_*

Guest_myxalplyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2002 - 01:13 PM

I don't know why I didn't mention this but if any of you have the 1.8ltr turbo pistons (and piston rings), and you are willing to part with them, please either post here or send me an email. Posting here might be better since I get a lot of junk mail and I delete pretty quickly.

I'll need about 6 of them. 4 for now is a start if that's all you got. Be nice on the pricing of them. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users