Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part# for XT Turbo Pistons

Guest myxalplyx

Guest myxalplyx

Can anyone here tell me what the part number is for an XT Turbo Piston? Do they come with the piston rings and if not, what is the part number for that? Any help is appreciated. I need six of them. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest myxalplyx

Corky,

Man...I'm sorry for the late reply. I lost the post and had trouble finding it. Hehe.

Ok...to answer your question(s).

"Can you tell me what year it is for, or does that matter to you, it does for the correct part number. Also, what bore, std, .25 or .5??"

I have a 1989 2.7ltr XT6 that's a FWD with autotranny.

It's an Over-head camshaft type valve arrangement.

Bore X Stroke = 92 X 67mm (3.62 X 2.64in)

STD?? Stem diameter? Sexually Transmitted Disease? :lol:

I'm not good with different car terminology. I have the service manuals to the XT6 though so I should be able to answer your questions.

Looking in my service manual, the XT6 and XT (both 89s) have the same bore and stroke, same compression ratio, same valve set, valve guide, valve stem and valve spring numbers. I have no info on the XT turbo (or perhaps RX turbo) numbers though.

Does that help?

Guest bbitner

For the price of stock ones you should just buy aftermaket forged pistons. When i was pricing parts the JE pistons were about 20 bucks more a shot. Suby rings are insane at 250 bucks.

Guest UltimateRX

Sexually transmitted disease!!!!! :rollin: Nope it is the abbreviation for standard, as in standard size piston (the size that came from the factory). When you rebuild an engine sometimes you have to bore out the cyclinder so you'd need a larger size piston, the factory offers two larger sizes, .25 and .50 larger then stock diameter. So if they are the same size, here are the part numbers.

Std 12006AA210

.25 12006AA220

.50 12006AA230

These part numbers do not include rings, just the psiton, pin and C clips.

Ring set part numbers are

Std 12033AA000

.25 12033AA010

.50 12033AA020

Hope that helps.

Guest myxalplyx

I don't know why I didn't mention this but if any of you have the 1.8ltr turbo pistons (and piston rings), and you are willing to part with them, please either post here or send me an email. Posting here might be better since I get a lot of junk mail and I delete pretty quickly.

I'll need about 6 of them. 4 for now is a start if that's all you got. Be nice on the pricing of them. :P