Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Dinky little switch bulbs-To be archived-

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mac_*

Guest_Mac_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 06:41 PM

FYI: You may not need this info now, but maybe at some point you will. Some dash switches, like the rear door lock switch and rear window wiper switch on my '85 GL SW, have tiny little lamps inside the switch itself. Doesn't mention anything about these bulbs in the manuals. These things are dinky and none of the auto stores had them. However, I found replacements at Radio Shack. Catalog number is: 272-1092C. Bulb # 7219 12V 60 mA wire terminal base Micro Lamps. Two in a package for $1.49.

(Very nice info. Qman)

#2 Guest_baccaruda_*

Guest_baccaruda_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 10:01 PM

I only found out myself the other day that those switches had bulbs in them.. i was disassembling an extra rear wiper switch cause i'm trying to figure out how i can wire the intermittent function over to it.
now that i think of how they work, the rear wiper switch and the rear hatch switch are the same thing with a different picture, aren't they?

and thank you!!

#3 Guest_Wagon Wagon_*

Guest_Wagon Wagon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 10:14 PM

Wow, those things have bulbs in them!? I never had any idea! Guess that goes to show how often they fail...

#4 Guest_Mac_*

Guest_Mac_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 11:16 PM

Just reading on the back the bulb pack the average life expectancy of the replacement bulbs is 10,000 hours, that's about 4-6 years normal driving.

My hatch switch and wiper switch have different electrical contacts for their particular task but the bulb and the bulb base and electrical contacts for the bulb are the same on both. You have to thread the wires around that little rubber doohickey on both.

#5 Guest_OH Noah_*

Guest_OH Noah_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2003 - 10:21 AM

I'm virtually positive that those are the same bulbs I've purchased to replace the illuminating lights of the Trip Computers on my GL-10s. Again, you have to wrap the wire leads around the little plastic doohickey and trim the ends, but they work great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users