Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT OPTIONS ???????? CENTER CONSOLE LID

Guest cole098

Guest McBrat

the tall center console came on GL models with powerwindows. however some of the turbo models may have had the high center without power windows. The turbo brats were in this group. on these, the punch out where the PW switches went was still intact....

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Hmmm I wonder if you could make the power window switches into other things? Like off road light switches or something? (change out the actual switch to a toggle or something)

Guest rXSNRG

I noticed Qman has the tall console in his silver Brat with aftermarket toggles in place of the power window switches. I'm sure they probably operate the smoke screen, cannons, oil slick and tire spikes;) Just in case a Toyota tries to pass him on the trail.:lol:

I picked up a tall console for my Brat too:)

Guest richierich

I do not think the BRAT ever came with the center console. The Wagon, Coupe and Sedan did though. Most of them did come with Power Windows. But I believe in 84 (last year of the wagon, coupe, sedan) they also came out with ones that had a big blank (color matched ofcourse) on ones that had no power options. I know my sister had an 84 Sedan, no power options, and had the console in it.

They look really nice once you get them in. Don't forget to get the metal mount that goes under them as it helps to steady it.