Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS 4

Guest NV  Zeno

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Ohkay, I've got a couple more htings too add. About 4 years or so ago, there was (and prolly still is, I dunno), alt.autos.subaru, your (not so)friendly newsgroup. On there was a couple of people that met, and spent an insane amount time on there. Finally things started getting way to messed up, and the few "sane" ones left in search of greener pastures. We all know who we are. Back then, I never though that we would reach the world the way we have. I was just a kid with dream of owning a Brat (of which I now have two). We have gone from about 15 or 20 people to several hundred (full timers). I have made some of the best friends I have, on here. I'm kinda thinking that this whole thread should be tossed into the back page, and be forgetten about, then we can start it all over, in a much better light. I only have about a month and half untill I leave the states for about 10-11 months, and the last thing I want is to come home, and try to log into the board, only to find that it is no more, and all my memories, and hopes of actually getting out and hanging will you all in the future gone, all because we don't want to do a little driving. I'm planning on doing a couple of road trips here in the next month just so I can go out and see some of you all. I know it's been said before, but lets not all just forget what brings all of us together. Catch ya Laters.

Guest SubaruJunkie

I agree with Adam... i think this thread should be tossed... We need to start thinking of the future and learn from the past. Jaime and Corky... whatever comes from this meeting, please keep us all informed, and like i said... let us know what we can do. And please... start a new thread :) You know how to contact me on MSN (and anyone who wants to Instant Message me, look in my info).

-Brian-

Guest Hondasucks

Trust me Jamie I'd love to come sit down with you guys and chat.. I would if I could make it, but unless I can get some $$$ rounded up from around the house for some gas to get up there by the 23rd I dunno.. I think I could do some work around here to help the cause though! Driving around campus at LBCC I notice there are a LOT of Subarus there... I've got one of maybe 5 EA81s, and the only EA81 sedan.. Lot's of EA82s and Legacies.. What I was thinking of doing, is that the other day when I was cleaning (OK OK clearing a space around the computer :lol: ) I found a box of business card paper, you know, has the little perforated business cards.. Well, what about if I print up a bunch of PNWSEC flyers basically, and go around sticking them on the windshields of the Subaru's in the parking lot and stuff.. I've already got one new recruit, his name's Wes and he has a 76 wagon.. (You shoulda seen the look on his face "They'res a CLUB with a CONVENTION for these things???" ) I'm perty sure I can get some more...

But Brian and Adam are right, we need to forget about all this bickering and **** over a drive.. Come on, the point of owning a car is to DRIVE IT isn't it??? I'll fire John off an e-mail and ask him about that ORV park......

Keep up the good work!

Guest Subie Gal

I'll try to sort out the pizza meet n feed...

let's shoot for the 23rd...

and i'll try to get a sponsor to assist w/the bill for pizza..

official date/location TBD

i will start a new thread when i have concrete data for you guys... thanks for the + feedback and recent emails pledging help... it means a lot...

Jamie

www.subiegal.com

The flow is starting to get very positive but i don't want to throw this away. I think it makes a good reminder for us all.

jamie will start a new thread when she has more info. I am going to lock this one out. But it will stay around for a while to help keep things in perspective.

Qman

If anyone disagrees with me email me and we'll discuss it there.