Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

EA 82T head question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skip_*

Guest_Skip_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2001 - 03:46 PM

I remember Richie, I believe, saying that the later generation turbo heads i.e. genIII? ( which had improvements to keep the from cracking )

- could be identitifed by some external marking.

Richie did you say this or does anyone know how I can check my latest turbo wagon's heads to see if they are gen IIIs

'Preciate any help

#2 Guest_richierich_*

Guest_richierich_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2001 - 01:01 PM

I really do not know what they did to make them better, I know they are less likely to crack at the ports. Here is how you can tell them apart. The cars made in 84-early 85(read 85's) had a stamp on the bottom that said ea82. The ones in 86 and part of 87 had ea82 and a line under it. The ones that are the best have ea82 and it is circled by a box. You should be able to see them by lying under a vehicle. Since your new car is an 87 (Correct?) I know it going to have either the line or the box. Both are good heads. The only ones to stay away from are the gen1 heads.

#3 Guest_Skip_*

Guest_Skip_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2001 - 10:10 PM

Thanks I'll have to save this info- yea it's an 87
This info belongs in the archives for other turbo owners to have access to.

#4 Guest_SmashPDX_*

Guest_SmashPDX_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2001 - 11:59 PM

Ya ok, I'll archive it as soon as the thread is dead, is the thread dead? :)

#5 Guest_remarcable_*

Guest_remarcable_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2001 - 11:52 AM

I think it should probably be archived now =)

I'll do it by the end of the day if you don't beat me to it (have too much work to do right now).

#6 Guest_SmashPDX_*

Guest_SmashPDX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2001 - 12:18 PM

Moved it! Thx guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users