Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA 82T head question

Guest Skip

I remember Richie, I believe, saying that the later generation turbo heads i.e. genIII? ( which had improvements to keep the from cracking )

- could be identitifed by some external marking.

Richie did you say this or does anyone know how I can check my latest turbo wagon's heads to see if they are gen IIIs

'Preciate any help

Guest richierich

I really do not know what they did to make them better, I know they are less likely to crack at the ports. Here is how you can tell them apart. The cars made in 84-early 85(read 85's) had a stamp on the bottom that said ea82. The ones in 86 and part of 87 had ea82 and a line under it. The ones that are the best have ea82 and it is circled by a box. You should be able to see them by lying under a vehicle. Since your new car is an 87 (Correct?) I know it going to have either the line or the box. Both are good heads. The only ones to stay away from are the gen1 heads.

Guest remarcable

I think it should probably be archived now =)

I'll do it by the end of the day if you don't beat me to it (have too much work to do right now).