Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

make over for the 87 Brat

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bratman2_*

Guest_bratman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2001 - 08:40 PM

Just borrowed the digital camera at work and got some pictures of my 87 Brat after my brother finished with it at his body shop. This is a birthday present from my wife, I turned 41. You would never guess it had been in one of the worst hail storms in N.C. history back in 98. Someone with a web page that post pictures of fellow member Subarus, I would e-mail a picture. In the four years I have owned the Brat I managed to install Webber carb, Accell coil and wires, 180 degree thermostat, 2-inch turbo muffler and last Gabriel gas struts. Have new 185-80-13 Firestone 410's in the barn that will replace the 195-70-13 Cooper Classics in a couple of months. Glenn fgt72360@cs.com P.S. It's black Dupont Imron

#2 Guest_mattinfl_*

Guest_mattinfl_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2001 - 08:52 PM

Send it to subaru@enduserville.com.

I've got about 200 megs of free space and I'd be happy to put a copy up.

Matt

Besides, I need to see how the full restoration. :)

#3 Guest_bratman2_*

Guest_bratman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2001 - 05:09 AM

E-mailed it this morning mattinfl. Thanks and let me know if they came out ok. Haven't ever e-mailed a picture before. Everbody that has seen it at work has stated shock over how it looks now, some said they thought it was a embarrassing piece of junk before. Glenn

#4 Guest_mattinfl_*

Guest_mattinfl_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2001 - 07:25 AM

Glenn,

I got the picture, but its embedded in the email and I can't detach the images to upload.

Can you send it as an attachment? Don't worry about size, I'm on a T-3 connection. I'll leave my email open all day.

Posted Image

#5 Guest_bratman2_*

Guest_bratman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2001 - 06:23 PM

mattinfl, let me know when you get the picture up on your web page. I just resent it as a attachment. Suppose to be two, but I believe 001 front view didn't attach for some reason. If it doesn't come out right let me know and I'll try again. Thanks a lot, Glenn

#6 Guest_mattinfl_*

Guest_mattinfl_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2001 - 08:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Guest_NV Zeno_*

Guest_NV Zeno_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2001 - 08:39 AM

PANT! DROOL! That looks great!

#8 Guest_bratman2_*

Guest_bratman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2001 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Matt, Wished I would have took two minutes to pull it out the shade. I was at work and didn't want to draw a crowd. I work at a fertilizer plant.

#9 Guest_skiahfrazier_*

Guest_skiahfrazier_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2001 - 04:14 PM

DAMN that looks GOOD!!!!!!!!

How straight was the body before the makeover??

sam

#10 Guest_bratman2_*

Guest_bratman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2001 - 04:51 PM

Sam, body was pretty straight. The main reason I had it painted was rust was poping up here and there. The hail storm really done the damage. My brother fixed 37 dents on the hood alone. Had two bad dents on top edge of drivers fender. I appreciate your comments. I personally was shocked how good it came out. The morning my brother painted he told me to come over and watch, I refused afraid that I might jinx it. Glenn Taylor

#11 Guest_ShawnW_*

Guest_ShawnW_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2001 - 06:45 PM

Looks real good, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Im going to archive this post so I have the picture links on file after I return home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users