Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

suspension adjustment -1985 Dual range wagon...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Newsance_*

Guest_Newsance_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:30 PM

Hello, I'm pretty new to the entire subaru thing. I've got a 1985 EA82 wagon with 213k on the clock.

I have heard that you can adjust the ride height to some extent with the stock suspension. Any truth to this?

This car has 13" wheels. I'm looking for a BUDGET way to get as much ground clearance as possible. How expensive is it to move up to a 14-15" wheel with some larger tires? Are taller tires on the 13" an option?

Also, the car tends to run a little on the warm side. In 90* weather in stop and go driving, the temp will hover just under the redline on the gauge. It' doesn't seem to be boiling over, just running a bit warm on the gauge. Normal?

#2 Guest_offroadsubaruguy_*

Guest_offroadsubaruguy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

do you have both of the radiator fans still? if not, then you should get another one..... and the suspension question, if the front struts have two nuts towards the outside of the stut body, on the front two struts, then yes, you can adjust them, for the backs, they look alot like the rear shock set up on a four wheeler, you need to compress the spring, then move the perch up... then you have a lifted wagon!!

#3 Guest_SOOBME_*

Guest_SOOBME_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:29 PM

It's a 4WD so U should have the adjustable shocks&struts, they are good for arownd 1" of lift. That may not sound like much, but it's enough room for 26" tall tires. The only 14" or 15" rims that will "bolt on" are from a Pug. U can re-drill the hubs, or the rims of a 6 lug truck and use them too. The Pug rims are hard to find, and the lug nuts for them are even harder, so I would go with the 6lug conversion or re-drilled 6lug rims if it wer me.
Just my $.02, hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users