Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to open up 05 Outback dashboard?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 allfrog

allfrog

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Los Altos, CA

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:15 PM

I recently got an FM modulator hooked up in my 05 Outback 2.5i. I had it done by a professional who works on mercedes and bmws primarily which is probably why I have the following problem. There are two male stereo jacks (the same plugs as normal headphone plugs) running into the dashboard and connecting to the tuner. I tune to 88.7 fm on the tuner and flip a switch and I can listen to my nomad jukebox and/or my XM satellite radio. The problem is that there is a buzzing/high pitched electronic sound that comes over the speakers when I turn the FM modulator on. If I unplug the power or the audio jack from the XM holder, most of the nasty sounds go away. Sometimes when I plug XM back into the system, the sounds don't come back and sometimes they do. If I only plug in my nomad and leave the XM power and audio unplugged, the sound is acceptable until I turn the volume way up. I talked to the person who installed the FM modulator for me and he said he grounded everything into or behind the cigarette adapter. I will get the whole system fixed when I go back to NorCal but right now I am going to school in LA. Does anyone have any advice on what could be the problem with how everything is configured right now? Also, I was wondering how to open up the tuner and everything so I can get behind there to look at how things are hooked up. Much of the wiring is also under the shifter and i can take the chrome piece surrounding the shifter off but I cannot figure out how to get the rest of it out of the way so I can look under there. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Post back here or email me at allfrog@mm.st. Thanks a ton!:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users