Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I keep getting a P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 or Single Sensor) code.

Has anyone had experiance with this code?

I am wondering what a new sensor may cost, does the 1999 Impreza 2.2 have one or two knock sensors, if two which is

bank 1?

I do not have any manuals for this vehicle (Haynes or Chilton

do not have any out yet.

To make matters worse I am (MUST) leaving on a 1500 mile trip

to Phoenix on Friday, If the sensor/wiring is bad will the vehicle

still run or just die somewhere?

Need advice quick, Bill :banghead:

i only know for the 2.5, but i imagine that is would be very similary for the 2.2...

the factory service manual list trouble symptoms as knocking occuring and poor driving performance (the knock sensor retards the timing, and if it is not operating properly, the computer can retard the timing when it shouldn't be).

I'm pretty sure that there is only 1 knock sensor on your car. they list for around $80, but you can find them for around $60 online. it is a little difficult to get to, because it is partly blocked by the intake manifold, but it can be changed without removing the manifold. it is probably the easiest thing to try, because it only costs $60, and you would be lucky to walk out of a dealer with a diagnostic for less than that.

i'm pretty sure that if you have further problems, this won't leave you stranded. it may take away a lot of the car's performance, but it will still move...