Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will EA81 wagon seats fit in an '84 BRAT?

Guest WagonsOnly

Guest WagonsOnly

I have a set of EA81 seats from an '84 GL wagon, and I was wondering if they'd fit in a 1984 BRAT without modification. Also, will the carpet fit from the front to the back of the front seats, with mnimal cutting?

Thanks, Andrew

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Thats the godo thing about soobs. Most everything will swap from one to another. Specially if your talking about the same model year. The '84 wagon has basically the same front end as the Brat, so the seats will be a direct bolt in. And the carpt will work too (with trimming of course). That was the first thing I did with my Brat was put in the nice cloth seats out of a GL wagon, a lot better than the vinyl ones that came stock. Catch ya Laters.

Guest GeneralDisorder

They will bolt in, but they will not flip forward like your old ones. Get some from a hatchback - those will flip forward.

GD

Guest ShawnW

I dont know what u mean about the flip forward part mine do.

Personally I had wagon seats in my brat for 2-3 years and I went back. The reason I did, was that the contour of the seatback allows the seat to tilt back further with a brat seat than a wagon seat. The solid headrests are also nicer in the Brat. I like wagon seats better in a wagon and brat seats better in a brat. Weird eh?

The valour interior seats did make it worth the decreased recline, I just happened to come up with another seat cover to make an original looking set for mine which was most important reason for my switching.

Guest GeneralDisorder

I must be mistaken - mine also flip forward - I thought there was something about them that was different, as far as the flip action - maybe it's just the hatch seats that do that, so you can get into the back seat..... hhhmm

GD

Guest WagonsOnly

I'm glad you mentioned that, Shawn-I got this wagon for parts, so I've never driven it. I'll have to check to see if the seats do flip forward. I knew they did in the EA82 series but I never closely examined these. Thanks everyone for your input.

Guest calebz

oh.. ok.. sorry if I gave wrong info.. I have had 4 EA82 wagons 2 87's an 88 and a 90.. none of them flipped forward. I just figured they were all like that.

Guest McBrat

I believe all ea81 seatback tipped forward, but I *think* the the ea81 hatchback seats had the mechanism so that when you flipped the seatback forward, the rail would release, and the whole seat would slide forward on the tracks....