Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

free is good!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:55 AM

i went garage sale'ing yesterday looking for my usuall car stuff and computer junk
happened on a ea82 spfi/carbed motor asked the guy how much
and he said free
i said sold even helped me toss it in the back of the turbo wagon <sits fairly level now>

so now i have a spare motor to rebuild on piece at a time
for the wifes wagon or should i ever manage to get a rx\
my only problem is
its got heads for carb/spfi
i run turbo/mpfi
anyone need carby style heads that has turbo style they wanna trade?
oh yeah it had a a/c compressor with it anyone need one?

#2 Guest_GeneralDisorder_*

Guest_GeneralDisorder_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:08 AM

I don't think the heads are the only difference - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the compression ratio should be different than on a turbo motor. Possibly the cam as well? But I suppose if you rebuilding anyway, those parts can be changed.

GD

#3 Guest_calebz_*

Guest_calebz_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:09 AM

C/R is higher on the N/A motor.. thats a good thing though!. slap the turbo headsand manifold and stuff on it, instant zoom!

#4 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:58 AM

yeah i knew bouts the compression thats why if i find a rx i am gonna use a saab apc unit to control boost hehehe
it will run boost till it pings then drop a few psi so i always gets the max i can handle :)
yay

apc might be a bit useless in the wirfe's turbo .. although since its our only car right now i am the only one who normally drives it hmmm

#5 Guest_calebz_*

Guest_calebz_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 12:45 PM

Hmmm. I have access to one of my old 900 turbos for parts.. I wonder how hard would it be to use the saab apc system on a soob.. I have heard of people converting them for volvos and toyotas, so I know it can be done

#6 Guest_Ratty2Subaru_*

Guest_Ratty2Subaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

dude! I am looking for some spare heads and block for SPFI!!! and I have a set of turbo heads and misc parts that I dont need! (wanna trade??)

:cool:

what the cond. of the motor/heads? any stripped bolts? cracks?

thanks-

#7 Guest_GlCraigGT_*

Guest_GlCraigGT_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:24 PM

i hope this doesn't burst your bubble but there are a couple of differenced in the block of a EA82 turbo compared to the compared to the spfi/carb block.

1. spfi/carb dose not have a place to screw a knock sensor in
2. spfi/carb dose not have the crankcase breather that the turbo has

#8 Guest_pierman2_*

Guest_pierman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:16 PM

I could use a compressor for my a/c. E-mail me at sorksunray@aol.com. Thanks in advance.

#9 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:13 PM

from inition inspection the block is a: a small greaseball
nothing seems to be stripped
it still sitting in the back of the wagon waiting for me to try and remove it by myself

and from the looks so far no it does not have the holes tapped for said ports and sensors but the bosses appear to be there so drilling and tapping them can be done

i wanna keep the engine block but the heads i have no use for
will be sending email to those who have asked
and no use for the a/c except maybe to turn it into a air comressor
but since the air suspension on the turbo wagon is gone i will just use that compressor

#10 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:20 PM

hmm actually if i had a welder and some time i would build a tube frame and use some misc suby body parts to build a fiero ish sized car and mount the motor midengined with a the 5 speed transaxle in a rear wheel type of setup
with the turbo

now that would be a fun car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users