Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I never thought I'd pull it off!!!

reoff

This morning, I was headed off to work. I live about 40 miles from the small, rural town I work in, and live in the middle of nowhere myself as well. Needless to say, there are nothing but back highways between here and there. It had rained last night, and was still raining when I left for work at about 5:15AM. About 10 miles from work, I went around a notoriously slick corner, and off the steep bank saw someone that had slid off the road. Obviously concerned, I stopped to see if he was okay. He said he came around the corner and swerved to miss 2 deer in the middle of the road.

Out there, there is no cellular service, so you are more or less on your own. I had thrown a bunch of junk in the back of the car to get it out of my way a couple days ago. As luck would have it, there was a recovery strap in a box. I thought there was NO WAY an '85 GL was gonna pull an '84 Chevy Celebrity up a steep bank covered with loose gravel. But I figured... what the hell! Couldn't hurt too much to try. :) Gave it a good yank (in 4low, of course) and pulled the thing right out. :banana: Made for a GREAT morning, but my G/F is gonna kill me if she hears me snicker about it one more time. I was, clearly, very proud of myself and my newly acquired subie.

pulled a camaro out of an alley 50 feet in foot deep snow with a turbo automatic single range and a leaky tranny seal.

they dooked themselves the fact that i pulled them out, and dooke themselves some more seeong a 50 foot trail of red in the snow!!!:santa: